• afterword •

(Sorry that this took so long to come out! I had to publish the last chapter in a hurry and there was no time to copy this from docs and paste it and change things into italics and centre everything. This is basically a (not-so) final note on the book and what's to come. I hope it doesn't bore you (if you decide to read it all) )

 I hope it doesn't bore you (if you decide to read it all) )

diego chapters

I think this is the most important thing to address. They will be a series of 15 chapters all in Diego's point of view. Quite a lot of them are sessions with Dr Dufre. He has not been in the book enough and he is probably one of the most important people in Diego's life as he continually helps Diego through his anger and alcohol issues. You will also get a better view into Diego's past which wasn't delved into that much. I'm really looking forward to writing it and I hope you enjoy them!

The original idea was to take chapters and simply do it in his perspective but I decided that going deeper into his character would make it worth my while. And also: plot holes. I really want to try and make sure there are little to none.

the ending

I am sorry about the concluding sentences, but the last few books that I wrote, the last sentences had something to do with the title and I really wanted to do it again.

Other than that, I hope you enjoyed the ending. It was important for the both of them in realising how much they meant to each other. Diego needed to (almost) lose her to finally admit his feelings for her. He needed to realise that she wouldn't always be there for him to fall back on and that even his actions have consequences. It taught him to appreciate her in a new way that he uses in their new relationship.

She learnt that she can lose him. That he can die and she may not be able to stop it and that she may even be the reason for his death. I wouldn't say it taught to her to submit herself to him in any way, but it reminded her why she loved him. She loves him despite his flaws and that when those flaws show, she can't just run away. He needs her. She is his salvation and without her, he would truly be lost.

why it took so long

I mean, sometimes even I wonder why it took so damn freaking long. But something that was mentioned in C54 and clarified in a comment is that this was only a few months. And that was probably stretching the facts right there. It may have taken me more than a year to write this but it has not been that long in the actual book.

This is because I wanted to ensure I did not have too many plot holes (that failed but anyway...) and because their relationship is somewhat eventful. And I did not want to explain what had happened in the last two weeks every single chapter. Because too much would have happened. There would have to be an argument or a moment.