• 11 •

I pour more punch into my cup, and take a long sip

I pour more punch into my cup, and take a long sip. Camila and Marco were running around the place, and I was very close to locking them up inside a room. Diego was talking to Lara, which I was completely fine with.

As long as they didn't kiss.

Because that would jeopardize the whole plan.

I started walking around. I felt a warm breath on my ear, and a shiver ran down my spine. I don't know who thought that was romantic, it was creepy. And well, there was only one creep I knew.

"Diego," I hum. I also recognized his cologne, the passageway stank of it.

"Hey sexy, you know you can drink the wine, the Hernandez's only choose the best," Diego purrs.

I see people looking at us, and force a giggle that sounded as genuine as I could manage.

"Love," Diego whispers, and I look down, as if I was hiding a blush. "Hm, my fiancé can act a 'lil'" Diego chuckles.

"Go away," I murmur.

"Aw why?" Diego asks, and I could feel his smirk against my ear.

"You're causing a scene," I hiss, and Diego chuckles.

"Oh honey!" Diego says this loudly, and kisses my cheek.

It took everything in me not to hit him.

Francesca and Leon start running towards me. Leon twirled Francesca around, and I chuckle. They jump when they reach me.

"You two are such good actors," Francesca says loudly.

I cover her mouth, and look around worriedly. Luckily, everybody was engrossed in their own conversations. I let out a breath of relief.

"Oh right, you don't want everybody to find out-" I clamp my other hand over Leon's arm.

Finally, realization struck me. My two best friends, were stupid enough to get drunk. Drunk to the bone. Which means they might blurt out my secret. And then my parents would lose everything. And it would all be my fault.

"I love you guys, but I have to do this. And you're probably going to kill me later, but anyway," I drag them away, and towards the rooms.

I push both of them inside and lock the door. I breathe a sigh of relief before walking back. As I reach the living room, I see a familiar mop of black hair, exit to the balcony, the only thing was that it was evident he was being dragged.

Camila. Still dancing with Marco. -I should've videoed them doing the funky chicken, it'd be great entertainment-

Gregorio, with my parents.

Lara.

Outside with Diego.

I was fine if they had their little thing, it would just really help if they kept it a secret. I take a deep breath, before putting on a huge smile.