• 5 •

I HADN'T DARED to leave my room

I HADN'T DARED to leave my room. I was just waiting for Diego to leave, to go meet his girl of the night. He was so stupid! If he wanted people to believe this fake relationship he had to stop these one night things!

I hear a door slam, followed by footsteps, and then another slam of a door. I breathe a sigh of relief and exit my room. I peep my head past the wall, to make sure that Diego was gone. I decide the coast is clear, and walk to the kitchen.

On the island counter I notice a note, on a crumpled post it. I hesitantly pick it up, and see scribbled writing.

We will talk about what happened in my room later.

No signing off, it was obvious who it was from. I let out a shaky breath. May as well enjoy life for the next few hours. Maybe I should call my parents. Maybe I should call Leon and Francesca to tell them I loved them.

Leon and Francesca!

I completely forgot to catch them up. I shake my head at myself and run to my bedroom. I send them a quick text message on our little group chat -consisting of just the three of us, we were never that popular- Almost immediately I get a message from Leon.

Cool Kats 😹

Leon 👻 - address?

Me 💁 - DRA Apartment Building, Lily Street, block number 12

Leon 👻 - we will see you in a few 😚

I smile and put my phone off. I put my head on my pillow and just stare at the ceiling. How do I explain this to my friends?

Leon, Fran, I'm getting married. It's an arranged marriage, with guess who. . .DIEGO FREAKIN HERNANDEZ!

Yep that will work.

I hear a knock on my door and sprint towards the door. I open the door, the door still chain locked. I see Leon and Francesca and smile. I quickly unlock the door properly and they grin when they see me.

"Vilu!" It felt good to hear my name again. I usher them inside and close the door.

"Nice place," Leon says in awe. I couldn't hold it in anymore.