• 37 •

I FEEL BEAUTIFUL standing in front of my mirror, looking at my dress and me wearing it

It was gorgeous. It was red, and reached the floor. It wasn't a low neckline so I felt comfortable that I didn't need to be pulling it upwards in fear of flashing people. The back however was low, but oddly enough I didn't feel too insecure. The dress was sparkling in the mirror.

Diego had good taste.

But obviously, I wouldn't tell him.

In fact, it almost seems like he didn't even want me to know that he chose the dress. This morning when I went down to express my excitement that I finally felt healthy again, I saw him talking to Greg.

"I got the dress you chose," Greg said handing him the dress which was still in its plastic that covered it like a jacket.

So you can imagine my thoughts like the dress he chose?

"Thanks Greg," Diego smiled, a hint of pride was there.

"It was quite expensive," Greg informed and Diego shrugged.

"I'll work an extra hour tomorrow," Diego told him and Greg laughed.

"I'll see you later to pick you up," And with a tip of his hat Greg left.

Later in the day he told me that Greg chose the dress.

"You also look beautiful," A voice says behind me.

I was confused before I realised I must have voiced my thoughts aloud. I sent him a grateful smile through the mirror. I had decided to talk to him, even though I hadn't completely forgiven him. But I mean, you try to be angry at the guy who sings you to sleep.

Yes, since I was sick Diego had agreed to sing to me in the night, when I was under the covers (after taking my medicine). It was such a sweet gesture that this morning I greeted him.