• 2.15 •

(This is it. The last official chapter of this before the epilogue. This would basically be the penultimate chapter then? The epilogue was supposed to be C15 but I miscounted. I hope you enjoy this chapter! This is C59 of Beautiful Mistake. If you remember, Diego locked himself up in the apartment when Violetta left (back when the voicemails were happening). This is the day he stops sending the e-mails, the day he almost dies. He speaks to Dr Dufre. Also, please read the author's note at the end. AND very important! I have finally completed the character (and book) aesthetics and the playlist! Yes! It took me the entire book, but I've literally been working on it for months. Trying to find the perfect pictures and the perfect songs is sooo hard! So it's finally here! I'll post it at the bottom and add to the foreword! Enjoy!)

 Trying to find the perfect pictures and the perfect songs is sooo hard! So it's finally here! I'll post it at the bottom and add to the foreword! Enjoy!)

SHE IS GONE

SHE IS GONE.

I fucked up and there was nothing that I could do to fix it.

My voicemails were probably left unheard and my seemingly nonexistent heart will be broken forever. Each time I mess up, I think that I could not possibly hurt her more. Now, I know that I have gone too far. I had finally pushed her away forever. Maybe a few months ago, I would have at least been relieved that she had saved herself from further pain, but now...

Everything is different.

In my heart,  I knew that I did not believe a word of what I had said. It was impulsive, a defense mechanism. I was not used to people loving me, to people being willing to sacrifice everything for me. I was not prepared for somebody as perfect as her falling for me. She is everything I could have ever wanted and I lost it.

As soon as she said it, I love you, I could feel my head spinning. Those three words seemed surreal coming from her. I could feel my brain heating up as I began to formulate the perfect response. Something that would make her stay and not regret it. But what came out was at first confusion, so she repeated it.

And that was when all hell broke loose.

She began to explain why she loved me, what was supposedly good enough about me that would make somebody like her fall for me. That was when panic began to spread and alarms started ringing in my head. The way she so eloquently put it made my heart race, but I knew that I did not deserve her.