• 16 •

I woke up feeling slightly chilly, but when I opened my eyes I noticed the duvet was over me

I woke up feeling slightly chilly, but when I opened my eyes I noticed the duvet was over me. A red duvet. A red duvet?

I scramble out of the unknown bed and land on the floor -of course-. I groan in pain. The bathroom door opens, and steam fills the room, and I squint my eyes to see Diego. Shirtless with a towel hanging low on his hips.

"Clumsy's awake," Diego smirks.

Hm, nice Diego is gone. My bipolar jerky fiancé is back. Lovely.

"I was just getting out," I say, getting up.

"Okay, and by the way, you are never sleeping here again, you snore loudly," Diego says as I turn the doorknob.

His words were comforting yet hurtful at the same time.

I leave his room hastily, and run to mine. I sit on my bed and scold myself for being so vulnerable and silly last night. I can't believe I let him take me to his room, no matter how much better that made me feel.

I could've dealt with one night of hardly sleeping. I did not to be held in his warm strong arms. This was the fucking second time. I hit my bed and it shakes. I take a deep breath and try to calm myself down.

I close my bedroom door and have a quick shower, and change into a grey sweatshirt and black sweatpants. I brush my hair and then walk downstairs.

I immediately knew Diego was in the kitchen when I heard all the noise. I should really teach him how to be quiet in there. I enter and see him put something into the fridge.

"Are those our rules?" I ask and he nods.

"Well yes, they are important and so we should always have them there as a reminder. I mean I understand if you are tempted to break the last one. I am quite a catch," Diego says arrogantly.

"I would've thought you were straying towards breaking that. After all you were so nice yesterday. Letting me sleep in your bed," I tease and he tenses for a moment, almost like he cringed at the memory.

"I just needed some sleep. Yes, I could look as amazing as I do without sleep. But I do prefer it. And I have work today. My father is going to speak about the CEO," Diego says and I nod.

"Good luck," I murmur and he grins.

"I don't need luck babe, I have charm and wit." Diego says and I roll my eyes.

"I take that back then," I tell him and he shrugs.

I put some bread into the toaster and bend down and get the eggs.

"How many eggs do you have?" I ask him.

"Three,"

One thing I had noticed through our engagement, and living together, is that Diego eats a great large amount of food. Almost twice as much as me, and I just wondered how the heck he was able to keep so fit.