• 23 •

When I woke up, I was alone again. I hurriedly got out of bed, brushed my teeth, and ran to the living room. I let out a breath of relief when I see Diego sitting on the couch, one leg over the other tapping away on his phone. He laughed.

"Morning, what's up?" I ask him, gesturing to his phone.

"Camila and Marco parenting me," Diego chuckles.

The doorbell rings, and I walk over. I straighten my pyjamas before opening the door, the welcoming smile on my face vanished instantly.

Lara.

Why did she always seem to appear when I was in a good mood?

"Hi Lara," I say trying to be cheerful.

"Is Diego here?"

Alright then, we just won't be civil.

"I'm here," Diego says getting up.

Lara smiles, and pushes past me to get to Diego. I roll my eyes and close the door softly.

"Why are you here?" Diego asks, running a hand through his hair.

"I wanted to talk...alone," Lara motions to me. I put my hands in front of me in defence.

"Alright alright. I can see when I'm not wanted," I hiss.

Lara smiles in satisfaction. I headed for the kitchen when Diego spoke up.

"Actually, Lar, you and I will go talk in my room," Diego says hastily.

I bit my lip to stop myself from speaking. Why didn't he want to talk in the living room? Was it too close to me? Did he not want me to hear his confessions about how much he loved her.

I internally rolled my eyes. Diego Hernandez was too confusing for me, like a puzzle that I couldn't solve. I had tried very hard to at least try and figure out at least a twentieth of what went on in his stupid head.

Lara nodded, and she and Diego went further into the penthouse. So they're going to have a heart-to-heart.

I was a very curious person

In fact, it was probably one of my worst traits.

So I stood there for a few seconds before deciding to eavesdrop. Obviously, Diego thought that I would never eavesdrop on his conversation. A few days ago during one of our very few civil conversations, Diego had called me a goody-two-shoes.

Which I objected to quite angrily but peacefully. Okay, violently. But of course, Diego was a rock that wouldn't budge so even through all my pushing and punching he didn't move.