• 43 •

(Soo I think I may be catching up with this writing. I have around 10 chapters left to write. And there will probably not be an epilogue because I wouldn't have enough words for it. And there wouldn't enough words for the last chapter. So it will probably be one. I was very proud of myself for writing a chapter in an hour. I was shocked. Once I write at least five of those last chapters you get a chapter every week! Enough of my rambling. Enjoy! xx)

 Enjoy! xx)

I WAS A FAKE, that's what they were screaming

Yelling. Shrieking. Shouting.

Even all the scrunched up paper and all the food they threw at me had FAKE on it. I was a fraud. I was a phony.

There were so many people around me. They surrounded me like a swarm of bees and I couldn't breathe. The crowds of people around me felt like they were suffocating me.

It was like I was drowning in a sea of people. An ocean of blurred faces but very, very clear screams. They laughed at me, they laughed at how vulnerable and weak I looked. I couldn't blame them. They towered over me. I was an ant and they were giants.

Everybody knew. The entire world knew. Diego never loved me, he never even liked me. Everybody was right. And they mocked me because they knew that I liked him.

But he didn't like me.

It made the pain worse. It made it feel like it was slowly breaking me. A slow death is worse than a quick, swift one. If it's slow each second is agonisingly long, you know it's coming but time seems to drag your life on forever. When it's quick you just die. You don't even have time to think.

That's the problem. It's too slow. I'm thinking too much.

I'm seeing too much but also too little.

I couldn't see the faces but I knew they were there. I knew they were fans of Diego. I knew they hated me. But didn't everybody?

Fake.

Liar.

Fake.

The words kept ringing in my head and it hurt. A headache began to grow but the shouting never stopped. Why did I agree to the marriage in the first place?