• 26 •

THE NEXT MORNING I was awoken by the doorbell

I only opened my eyes after the third ring, the first two I thought it was in my dream. I groan, rubbing my eyes with the heel of my hand. I glance at the clock trying to read the clock despite my blurry vision.

07:44

You must be kidding me.

I groan again, throwing on undergarments and a summer gown securing the belt around my waist. I look at the bed, at Diego. He was hugging the pillow, light snores coming from his mouth. I run downstairs as the doorbell rings again. I open the door an inche, and see red hair. I breathe a sigh of relief, opening the door wider.

"I hate you," I announce, as she glances up.

"Mornin' to you too! I see you had quite the night," She eyes me.

I blush, and pull at the silk gown. She laughs, and pushes past me entering the house. I close the door, rolling my eyes. Sometimes it was like she left her manners at home.

"Before we get to the whole hatred situation, you should know some delivery guy is coming to, well deliver something. He'll be here in like three seconds," Camila informs me.

She was wrong. It was one second. I clamp my hand over my mouth as the doorbell rings, and glance at what I was wearing. It was fine for Camila because she's Camila. But for a delivery guy who probably doesn't even know my name.

No.

"Answer it. Take the package," I instruct, running upstairs.

"But I don't know your signature–hold that thought I can forge Diego's pretty well," Camila says to herself.

I shake my head, and make my way to my bedroom. I stop by Diego's bedroom, peering inside. He was still fast asleep. I put a tank top on and some sweatpants—the colour clashing terribly. I walk back and see Camila studying the label of the package intently.

"Your dress is fucking expensive," Camila exclaims, and my eyes light up.

"My dress! Give it to me!" I order leaping towards her.