• 22 •

I ignored the tears forming in my ears, and took a few deep breaths

I ignored the tears forming in my ears, and took a few deep breaths. I exhale slowly before following Camila and Marco.

He thinks he can never have a relationship with me. I'm actually that bad for him. Wow, just when I thought that I may be developing feelings for him -bringing Luca to me, the way he comforted me on my grandfather's death anniversary, the way he treated me last night and this morning.

I-I care about you

The phrase flashes through my mind and I have to stop. What a load of bullshit that was. He cares about me? I doubt it.

There's a difference between caring and liking

My conscience yells at me. So he cared about me, but he thought that we had no chance? Because that makes so much sense.

I join Camila and Marco and they grin at me. I take the folder from my under my shirt, and Marco checks the label on the top.

"Should we wait for Diego to open it?" Camila asks, and I forcibly nod ignoring the tear in my heart as she said his name.

Diego came home a few hours later, the three of us were waiting from him on the coach. He hadn't looked up at us, before he started talking.

"Babe, what— uh, what are you doing here?" He asks Camila and Marco.

"I feel so loved," Marco says his voice dripping with sarcasm. Diego laughs sarcastically.

"Seriously," He adds on.

"We broke into your father's office," I start and he rolls his eyes.

"That was pretty clear," Woah, sarcasm is flying around all willy nilly.

"But our intentions were good," Camila cuts in.

"Please get to the point," Diego whines.

Really? He's the moody one? His heart wasn't broken by a heartless jerk! Heart broken may be an exaggeration but it hurt nevertheless.

"We stole your mother's file," I hold up the folder and his jaw drops a little.

He slowly walks over and takes it from my hands, his finger tracing over her name on the label. His breathing became ragged.

"It was all Violetta's idea," Marco chirps. I flash him a look, and he shrugs. Way to throw me in the water.

He glances at me for a moment, his eyes held so much conflict. He looks back down. He opens the folder, and sees her birth certificate. He goes to the next page and he freezes.

"Mother; Madeline Moore maiden name Draw. Father; Andrew Moore. Siblings; brother Derek, sister Angelina." He breathes.

His jaw hardens as he reads the next page. He takes the page out, crumpling it and throwing it on the floor with the file. He storms upstairs. I lean over and read the page.