Chapter 12...Please Stay

Jade POV

I couldn't find Calum right now. I think he's with his fellow bandmates, but I didn't mind. I was carrying my lunch with me deciding whether I should sit on my usual table or just spend time in my new hideout. I looked at everyone, and I caught sight of Ally. She seemed busy with whoever she's talking to so I figured she wouldn't waste any of her precious time bothering me. So I went for the first option and sat on my usual spot.

In the corner of my eye I could see Perrie having lunch with her bestfriends, they seemed happy, I wonder what they're talking about. Although I got used to eating alone, it gets lonely sometimes just watching everyone around you having a good time laughing and talking with their friends. There are exceptions though that I get to spend eating with Calum, but it only happens like twice a week especially now that he and a couple of his friends formed a band. He seemed to hang out more often with them, but it's okay.

I shifted my gaze back to my food. "I guess I only have you to keep me company." I said to the food before taking a big bite.
Just then I heard a voice in front of me which made me choke on my sandwich.

Perrie POV

"Excuse me? Is this seat taken." I asked Jade smiling as I stood in front of her with a tray of food in my hands.
She seemed shocked which made her instantly cough and choke on her food.
"Oops sorry I didn't mean to startle you! Here have some water." I said as I handed her some bottled water.
Jade tried to refuse.
"No Jade!You need it!, do you wanna choke to death or what?" I questioned her which made her accept my offer.
After that she mumbled a soft "thank you!"

"So I suppose this seat's not taken."
I said I sat down opposite her. Still Jade wasn't able to talk. She seemed shocked that I joined her for lunch.
"So are you feeling better now?" I asked her pretending to be so concerned.
"Y-yes." She answered stuttering, which made me laugh a bit.
"You know what Jade, you don't have to be so scared of me. I won't hurt you." I said kindly.
Her eyes shifted away from her food and instantly met mine, which made my heart beat faster than usual which is kinda weird, but I just ignored it.

Suddenly I could feel eyes boring holes through me. I know people would be staring at us, that's the plan though.
Then I felt Jade move her arms from the table and placed them on her lap.
"W-why are you talking to me?" She questioned me "people are staring" she continued her sentence without stuttering.

Then I looked at everyone and then back at her she seemed so scared and sad.
Then I got the feeling that maybe she doesn't want me here, so I got up and immediately gathered my food back on the tray.
"Oh, maybe I should just go back to Jesy and Leigh." I said sadly, hoping she'll stop me from doing so.
"Oh no please!" Jade said then I felt her hand grip my right arm. I was right!
"I -didn't mean it that way. Please stay." She continued pleadingly which made me smile.
"Okay then!" I said then immediately sat down once more.
"I-I'm just not used to people sitting down with me for lunch." She reasoned out shyly.
"It's okay Jade, then maybe you should get used to that. Coz I think I'll be sitting here more often. You're a really cool person Jade, I'd like to get to know you more
If that's okay with you?" I asked her nicely as possible hoping she won't get creeped out.
I waited for her answer but it seems like she wasn't able to speak.

"I'm not rushing you or anything but-" she cut me off.
"I would love to!" She answered smiling.
"That's great!" I answered happily.
Then the rest of the lunch went well more than I expected. To my surprise Jade wasn't so shy anymore and she actually talked a lot, I'm just glad that I finally got her to talk to me me without stuttering. So I'm basically done with my first step.