Chapter 89...Gravity

Jade POV

My tears fell heavier the moment I saw Perrie, I missed her.
"Hey, are you alright? Do you want me to talk to her?" Jesy tapped my shoulders upon seeing how much I was crying.
I shook my head in response, then quickly wiped away my tears.
"I think I should do it Jes." I said and smiled. "you've done a lot already and I want to thank you for that." I added then immediately gave her a tight hug.
"Oh Jade, of course I'd do anything for you and Pezza." she responded then we let go.
"Now go talk to her before she jumps off that cliff. Leigh's been calling me, she was worried. I'll give you guys a minute." Then she started walking away.
I could feel my heart pounding, and my palms sweating. Although the cold breeze was hitting my skin, it didn't seem to bother me.
I walked slowly towards her, even though her back was facing me, I knew it was Perrie.

After eight years that I haven't seen her, haven't touched her, haven't kissed her, all of it has come to an end. She's here now, and only a few feet of space left is separating us.

I stopped on my tracks, I knew Perrie felt my presence the minute I heard her chuckling bitterly. She was sat on a huge chunk of rock and a newly opened bottle of wine was sitting next to her feet.

Perrie POV

"Not surprised you found me Jes." I spoke the moment I felt a presence behind me. I knew she was gonna find me here, Jes knows me very well.
"So you didn't believe the staff when I asked them to tell you I wasn't here?...pfftt..she actually sounded pretty bad at lying." I said as I took a gulp of wine.

"So how did that doctor of yours handled it? Bet that Amy's fucking pissed right now huh!" I said, then let out a laugh, before I knew it, I was crying again.

"I-I'm so sorry Jes, I lied to you and Leigh...no I lied to everybody, I lied to myself...I haven't moved on yet. Not even close." I stated with my head bowed down and shaking.

"You know what, this is actually pathetic. I was so dumb thinking that she would somehow remember me and come back home. I actually lied about something else Jes, this isn't just for me, I mean this whole campsite and flower shop thing. I did it for her you know. You see all these things remind me of Jade, I've been so lonely for so long that I only felt myself be happy again whenever I have something that's connected to her, to us, of what we had back then. I know it's stupid but...I love her." I paused then let out a sob, Jesy was quiet the entire time. Probably letting me say everything out.

"I was a-actually getting used to all the h-hurt, I was fine with it. If I would have to live my life being like this then so be it. Working made me believe that I was close to her, even though I know that I'm just fooling myself. " Then I took another sip.

"Bet she's happy now, probably married and has kids already...oh and succesful somewhere in America. Too bad I wasn't in the picture anymore, that was my dream too, including us being together." Then the wind blew harder.

"It's just that the moment I saw the dinner setup, I felt like I was hit by a car, everything was connected to her...The flowers, the menu, the place...all of it, it made me realize how broken I was."

"But you know, I'm glad she found that dream of hers, I always wish whatever's best for her, anything that makes her happy, then I'm happy about it. I still remember that day when I first brought Jade here. This is the same spot where she got scared and asked me not to let her go. I fulfilled that promise and I like to keep it that way, she'll always have a place in my heart no matter what."

"I always wondered, what if something bad happened to me? Or what if I jump off this cliff and die? Is she gonna come home? Tell me Jes, will she miss me now knowing that she'll never see me again?" I asked but got no answer.

So I stood up from my seat, holding the wine on my left hand. I took another gulp then after that, I threw the half empty bottle off the cliff.
That's what I should do, I thought to myself.

I laughed at what I was thinking, this is the most stupid thing I have ever thought.
"Don't try to stop me now Jes." I murmured.
My crying stopped as I slowly took a small step forward. The cold wind blew, then I took another step, and another, until only a few inches of solid ground was left. This is exactly the place where she held unto me tightly. The same spot where I promised not to let her go. Everything was the same, only this time, I was the only one standing.

I closed my eyes and slowly extended my arms on either sides of my body. I took a deep breath and lifted my left foot off the ground, taking in another step. Gravity waiting to pull me down, then my body collided.