Chapter 81...I'm Good

Jade POV

"Oh! She's married now!" These are the words I feared the most. I froze on my seat, my mind went blank my whole world crumbled down. It's over, Perrie's married. 

"S-she's married?" I managed to speak now that a huge lump in my throat started forming. This can't be happening! It's all my fault, I never should have left South Shields. Now I lost her completely.  "Well yeah, she met this guy named Alex, he's a football coach. You know what, Perrie's been drinking in bars lately, that's where they meet. Then one day Perrie went to Jesy's and she told her she had a one night stand with him." Leigh told me and I was lost for words, I was heartbroken.

"Then what h-happened?" I asked but then my eyes darted on the food I was eating, how could I let this happen? Now my hopes of getting her back disappeared, she's married to a man.  "Well after 3 weeks she found out she was pregnant." Leigh spoke and my eyes went back to hers.  "Perrie's pregnant?" I asked really shocked, I can't believe I'm hearing this! They're having a baby! "It was a surprise to all of us really, she's still on her first months, but you know we're happy she's happy. I mean Alex is a good guy. Sure the baby part was unplanned but they do love each other so they got married right away." Came the reply.

I never asked any questions after that, she's got a family now. I felt like I've been stabbed in the chest repeatedly. She's happily in love with someone and that wasn't me.

"So what about you Jade? Tell me about your new girlfriend, I bet you have one!" Leigh asked while twirling her pasta. I shook my head in response, I've never  been in relationships ever since Perrie and I broke up. "Uhmm..I'm single." I said as I grabbed a glass of water and took a sip of it, then Leigh's eyes widened. "You're single?" She half yelled in response, getting the attention of some other customers, but that doesnt seem to bother me. I feel like shit right now, I lost her, she's my world, my everything, I love Perrie. I couldn't speak anymore so I only gave Leigh a short nod in response and she seemed to notice that something was kinda off about me.

"Are you alright?" She questioned so I faked a smile and mumbled a soft "I'm good." Then Leigh went on to stare at me for a couple of minutes before freaking out. 

"Oh my God!" She gasped upon realization, "You still love her don't you? Oh my God!" She went on.  "What?" Was all I could say, the thoughts in my head clouded my mind. This is too much to handle now. "Perrie! You still love Pezza! Oh! I knew it!" She said again, while covering her mouth wih her hands. I played dumb after that, am I being obvious right now? Guess I'm bad at hiding my feelings when it comes to her.

"Oh no! Jade I'm so sorry!" Leigh said after that, I flashed her a smile, more like a painful one to be honest. "Don't worry, it's not your fault." I answered but she waved it off again. Then she spoke once more. "No Jade, I mean I'm sorry, I wasn't expecting your reaction to be like this, it's been 8 years and you still have feelings for Pez. I'm like, Wow!" 

Then my eyes felt like crying, she was right, that was a long time ago and I still haven't forgotten about her. Then suddenly Leigh-Anne held my hand, finally getting my attention. "Jade listen to me, I was just kidding!" She said and that got me confused. "Perrie's not married!" 

I blanked out, did I hear that right? I asked myself while staring at Leigh with my mouth partially open. "Jade! Did you hear me? Perrie's not married!" She repeated again and I had to blink more than twice just to see if I was dreaming or not.

"S-she's not?" I mumbled to myself but clearly Leigh heard me. "No! I was just messing around, Damn! you were so serious to even notice!" She blurted out almost laughing. "S-so there's no Alex?" I asked stuttering. "No! there's no Alex, and no she's not pregnant!" She answered. What on earth did I just witnessed? To say I was relieved was an understatement, it was way more than that. 

"I knew you were gonna ask about Perrie, Like, why not? You had the most complicated relationship in high school so I kinda made up something just to catch you off guard and boy I was right! Girl, you should have seen that look on your face!" Leigh went on until she noticed my reaction.

"Oh no! Are you crying?!" Leigh Anne said and I shook my head quickly. I was so relieved and I couldn't help but let out a few happy tears. I was also laughing at the same time. "I'm so sorry Jade! Shit I forgot my napkins!" Leigh said as she too laughed with teary eyes as she scrambled her bag. "I-it's okay!" I spoke but then my voice came out slightly high pitched, making things even funnier.

"Excuse me! Waiter!" Leigh called, sort of in a panicking state. "Do you have tissues? Napkins? Or anything. My friend here got overwhelmed." 

NOTE:

-Hey guys , my wattpad app is having troubles as of now. I mean it keeps on saying server's unavailable even though the internet's good. I updated this one on browser mode but I'm only using my phone so it's kinda difficult for me because I'm not used to it..thanks lovelies!😚❤❤❤