Chapter 78...I got in!

Perrie POV

Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months and now its been a year since Jade and I broke up. I have to admit, moving on was the hardest, but like what I said I'll always love her. Jade will always have a place in my heart no matter what.

I opened my drawer and stared at the long white envelope in my hand. In two weeks my high school days will finally be over, it's weird how everything could happen so fast.
I still remember the very first time I walked down the hallways of South Shields high, my bad-ass days, the crazy things I did with my bestfriends, my infatuation with Ally but most of all how I fell in love with Jade. I smiled to myself, high school was definitely one of the most memorable stage of my life, and now that I'm about to go to college, I want to thank the person who brought out the best in me, Jade.
The cute little nerd who captured my heart. If it wasn't for her, maybe my life could've turned upside down, she's my inspiration and I'll always take her memories with me all throughout my journeys.

I glanced one more at the paper in my hands, then suddenly my bedroom door opened, and the whole family came in, all of them with bright smiles on their faces.
"So what did it say?" My brother asked.
I was caught off guard.
"Uhhh..I don't know, I haven't opened it yet." I answered.
"Oh come on sweetie!" Mom pleaded.
"How 'bout we open it now! Altogether!" Caitlin yelled in excitement.

My heartbeat increased in rate, this is it, my future in the palm of my hands, well not entirely, the other half's going to Stanford University.
I tore the envelope open and slowly read the letter mentally.

"P-Perrie?" Mom spoke after I finished reading the letter.
"I-I...got in.." I mumbled still not being able to process what I have just read.
"What?!" They gasped at the same time.
"I got in!" I finally blurted out happily.
Then everybody cheered and they all gave me a kiss and a hug.
"I knew you could do it!" Johhnie exclaimed.

"Dear Miss Edwards, I am pleased to inform you that your application for admission to UCL has been accepted and I am now able to make you...oh my Gosh! Is this really happening?!" I said while crying with happy tears.
"God bless us!" Mom spoke then she gave me a light kiss on the cheek as I continued reading out loud.
"Congratulations, and once again welcome to UCL." I said the last sentence.
"Wow! Then I guess welcome to University College London! Let's have a party!" Johnnie cheered.

Jade POV

"When are you leaving for Australia?" I asked my bestfriend while we both sat on the bleachers.
"Well, just right after graduation. College preps have been getting on the way, but you know it's good to be going home but I'm gonna miss you terribly Jade." He said.
"I'm gonna miss you too Cal! You're my bestest friend ever!" I said pouting my lips and with puppy dog eyes.
" hey come here you!" He said then gave me a bone crushing hug.
"You'll always be my bestfriend Jade! " he replied while giving out a small laugh.

"Hey have you gotten your letter yet?" I asked when we both let go off of each others arms.
"Hmmm..yep, I did." He replied popping the P.
"What?! When?" I questioned in surprise.
"Two days ago." He replied earning a slap in the arm from me.
"Ow! What's that for?" He yelped.
"For not telling me sooner." I scolded then crossed my arms.
"Haha, well I was gonna tell you right after you receive yours." He replied sheepishly.
"Haha..whatever, well how did it go?" I asked.

He paused for a minute then looked at me.
"Well what do you think?" He asked proudly.
"Oh my Gosh! You got in?!" I yelled, then he slowly nodded his head in approval.
"Wow! Congratulations!" I said then once again gave him a bone crushing hug.

"You owe me an ice cream!" I said right after we both discussed how he felt upon reading the letter in his room.
"No way, you're the one who needs to buy me one. You still haven't told me about your Stanford University letter." He said while wiggling his eyebrows playfully.
"I haven't got mine yet." I answered nervously, what if I didn't get in? Oh! Think positive Thirlwall.

"Oh I'm sure it's a good one, you? The school valedictorian, Jade Thirlwall not getting in? I doubt it." He answered.
"Hahaha..very funny Cal." I said sarcastically.
"You know what it's kinda weird,  I know I had a lot of struggles here in high school but I have to say, I'll miss this too." I said getting a bit emotional as took a glance at the surroundings.
"Yeah, it's pretty tough but I don't know guess I'll miss this too."
Then we both laughed.

Suddenly I felt a vibration in my pocket, and realized that mom's calling me on the phone.

"Was that your mom? You seem worried." Calum asked right after I ended the call.
"Y-yeah, she said the letter arrived this morning." I spoke, my mouth suddenly went dry.
"Really?!" Calum exclaimed with excitement. "Come on! Aren't you excited?" He added.
"Uhhh...I'm not sure what to feel." I replied quite shocked.
"Oh come on!" Calum said and soon enough he dragged me home.

Once we got home, mom immediately opened the door for us.
"Oh pet! Your brother's on the phone I just told him you just received your letter, thank goodness you're here. He said he couldn't wait to hear the results.

I gulped in nervousness, this is it, the moment of truth then mom handed me the mailing envelope with letters in it.
"Open it Jade!" Calum mumbled.
And so I did, but not without trembling hands.

"Congratulations! It is with great pleasure that I offer you admission in the Stanford University.
Your thoughtful application and remarkable accomplishments convinced us that you have the intellectual energy, imagination and talent to flourish at Standford. Among the over 20,000 applications we read, your distinguished record of academic excellence and personal achievement stood out. We are thrilled to welcome you to the Stanford Community and look forward to the unique and extraordinary contributions we know you will make to the intellectual and extracurricular life of our campus."

"Oh my gosh! Mom, Cal, Karl... I got in!" I blurted out happily.
"She got in Karl!" Mom said over the phone with happy tears.

"Once again, I extend my congratulations on your admission to Stanford and welcome you to the Stanford family."

☺🙂...a couple more chapters to come..😚❤