Chapter 71...Ex Girlfriend?

Perrie POV

My breath hitched, my body froze, my mind went blank. That's what happened to me when I saw the girl that I am madly in love with walk into the room.

"Am I seeing things right?!" Leigh Anne exclaimed, her eyes blinking multiple times.
"I guess I should ask the same question Leigh." Jesy spoke as she stood up, with eyes glued to the same person we were all staring at.
I swallowed hard, It's Jade. She was walking alongside her bestfriend Calum.
"Oh wow! I never thought she'd look so gorgeous, damn!" Michael blurted out, earning a slight slap in the arm from his date.
I was out for words, what can I say? She's  beyond beautiful. The dress looked perfect on her. That tan skin which glowed under the lights, her slightly curled brown hair flowing down her shoulders and those piercing eyes that keeps striking my heart everytime her gaze meets mine. She's perfect.
"Jade..." I whispered softly to myself.

Pull yourself together Perrie! You can't lose Jade completely, don't ever let that happen. This is your chance, you love her, then show her. You'll do whatever it takes, don't be such a coward. I mentally told myself.

I took a deep breath and shook my thoughts away. I can do this!
I was about to take a step and approach Jade when all of a sudden a guy went walking towards her, making me stop.
"No! No!" My mind screamed, please tell me this isn't real.

"Oh shit! No!" Jesy gasped when she saw a guy kissed Jade's hand. My heart broke at the sight. She found a new date for the evening. She seemed happy with him, which makes it even worse. I fought hard to stop the tears from spilling out of my eyes. Did she forget about me that easy? Did she not think about me for just a second, because she was all I've been thinking of.

"Pez are...you alright?" Jesy softly asked.
"Do I look like I'm alright?" I snapped even though I knew that my friend was just concerned about me.
I couldn't help it, I was mad, pissed, feeling sorry for myself but most of all I was hurt like shit!
I can't stand looking at them smiling, holding each other's hands and walking around like a perfect couple. It hurts wishing it could have been me.
"Hey, hey calm down." Leigh Anne reassured and I took a deep breath and tried to control these mixed emotions that I'm battling right now.
"Don't worry he's just a date for tonight, don't let your hopes down." Jesy said.

My eyes were watery, but my gaze never left her.
Just then Calum caught sight of Leigh Anne's date for tonight, Michael.
Since they're bandmates, Michael called his friend over.

Jade POV

I could feel holes boring through me. I wish I could just go back home and hide under the covers. Why are they staring? I questioned myself. I was feeling really uncomfortable, especially now that a certain pair of blue eyes caught mine.
Perrie, she was looking at me with that expression. I couldn't explain it. I quickly looked away once her gaze landed on mine. I don't know why I couldn't hold it any longer. I'm confused, why do I feel like I'm such a bad person right now?

"Hey Calum!" I heard a voice calling my bestfriend and my head immediately searched for that person.
Oh great! It's Michael, Leigh's date, now I have to face Perrie.
"Uhmm..Charlie is it okay if we find ourselves a seat now? These heels are killing me?" I made a lame excuse, I can't face Perrie, not today. I don't think I'm emotionally ready for it.
Charlie frowned a bit "uh, well I actually want to meet a couple of your friends, you know, maybe if I get to hang out with you more often, so I might start to get to know them now." He replied and before I could even respond we were already standing in front of them, Perrie and her friends.

"Hey man! I want you to meet my date Jenna" I heard Calum greet Michael and soon enough they were engaged in a short conversation.
Shit! I cursed under my breath. I can feel it, the heat of her skin just a few inches away from mine. She's here and she's standing next to me. I couldn't look at her. Her eyes felt like bullets shooting straight at me.

"Hey Jade you look lovely tonight!" Jesy stated smiling widely at me. Giving me an opportunity to finally remove my gaze away from the white linens covering the table.
"Thanks, you look lovely as well, and Leigh Anne of course." I replied awkwardly, slightly rocking my heels back and forth.
"You too Perrie." My mouth involuntarily said on its own, while I took a quick glance at the beautiful lady beside me, the one who stole my heart and broke it at the same time.
"Jade can we-" I heard Perrie speak but then was cut off when Charlie interrupted.

"Hey guys!" Charlie said while waving his hands at them.
I cleared my throat, I completely forgot about him.
"Uhmm..sorry, this is Charlie Puth he's my...uh..date tonight." I spoke, the last two words were absolutely hard to pronounce.
"Hi Charlie!" They said in unison except for Perrie who just kept her mouth shut.
"Nice to meet you all, I'm Jade's date for tonight and I'm really happy about it." He said and all I could do was swallow my saliva since my throat was all dried up with all these tension around us.

"Oh yeah hey Charlie." Calum started.
"This is my bandmate Michael he plays the guitar and his date Leigh, Jake and Jesy and Perrie, Jade's..." suddenly he paused, realizing he never should have done that. No! That was wrong move Cal!

"Ex Girlfriend?" Charlie said, completing Calum's sentence, who was suddenly red in embarassment.
"Uhh..w-well.." was all Cal could manage.
"Nice to meet you Charlie! That's right, my Name's Perrie and I'm Jade's EX GIRLFRIEND." Perrie said as she pulled out her hand for him to shake. For the first time in what felt like forever I was able to look straight into her face, I was shocked, is she really accepting the fact that what we have was over?

"Hi! Nice to meet you Perrie!" Charlie replied then they shake hands.
Then  it was silent for like five seconds.
"Uhmm I think we should get going." Calum said.

Perrie POV

"Ex Girlfriend?" I scoffed as I sat down after Jade and her so called date left the table.
"He's rude! How can Jade date someone like him? He was literally shoving it into my face!" I exclaimed as I crossed my arms on my chest.
"Perrie relax!" Leigh told me.
"No! He's such a dick!" I replied.
"Pez.." Jesy said.
"Guys like him don't deserve someone like Jade." I snapped, my anger was taking over me.

"Well it's the truth, you really are Jade's Ex Girlfriend!" Michael chuckled, his words hit me hard.
"Shut up." I heard Leigh mumble then she slightly elbowed him.
"Sorry." Micheal replied.

He's right I really am Jade's ex, maybe I just need to slowly accept that.