Chapter 77...Yes, More than Anything

Jade POV

"You should have listened Jade!" Charlie spoke then immediately went in between us, removing Perrie's arms around me.
"I- I'm fine Charlie." I replied, but to tell you the truth, I couldn't really focus. Especially with the closeness and the eye contact I had with Perrie. The way she had her arms around me and those ocean blue eyes captured my heart once more.

"Jade I think you should-" I heard Perrie speak but was cut off when Charlie interrupted her.
"I should drive you home now, I think you need a rest." Charlie said then immediately took off his coat.
"Here put this on." He commanded.
"But I don't feel cold Charlie." I said, refusing to put the black fabric on.
"Just put this on Jade, I'm your date and I'm responsible for your safety. Okay?" He said and I slowly nodded.
"Sit down for a while, I'll tell Calum I'm taking you home and then we'll go." Charlie explained, then in a second he was off.

I sat on the stairs once more, still conscious with Perrie standing a few feet next to me.
"What was that Jade?" Perrie questioned.
"What's what?" I asked quite puzzled.
"What are you doing? Why are you letting some random guy drive you home?" She asked with tone quite higher.
"Some random guy? His name's Charlie, Perrie; and he's my date!" I replied imitating the tone of her voice.
"I know but you barely even know him. How could you trust him?" She responded.
"Don't be so judgmental Perrie. Charlie's a good guy." I said with a little chuckle.
"Oh really? a good guy? He's been such a perv on the dance floor. How can you let him drive you home?" She questioned.
"Why is this such a big deal to you? Charlie's my date tonight and he's just driving me home and my bestfriend knows him. Any problem with that?" I responded.

"Any problem with that? Yes! I don't trust this guy, you don't KNOW him!" Perrie yelled. That was it, she crossed the line now she just unleashed all the things that I wanted to say to her.
Although my foot hurts, I tried my best to stand up so that I could say it in front of her face.
"You don't trust him because I just met him now? Then tell me Perrie. What difference does it make? I've known you for so long but you lied to me. Can I trust you?"
I said while on the verge of crying.

Perrie was silent, then tears started falling out of her eyes.
"I know we're not Okay, I know I did something wrong, I know I fucked up, but you can't just go out with him knowing we still need to sort things out." She replied.
"So I'm not allowed to date now that things are over between us? While you've been hanging out with Ally behind my back?" I said, my tears now spilling out of my eyes.
"Are you trying to get revenge on me? That's why you're going out with Charlie?" She retorted.
"What?! No! Why are you making it sound like I'm the bad guy here Perrie?" I exclaimed.
"That's not what I'm trying to say Jade. And no, for the hundreth time I did not cheat on you. I may have lied about the deal but believe me I was gonna tell you, I was just scared I might lose you." She replied .

"Do you wanna know how that felt Perrie?
It felt so bad. I was mad at myself, I felt so defeated. You know what, maybe they're right, maybe I really am stupid. All those horrible things Ally and everybody else called me, somehow they fit me." I said while wiping the tears away.
"No, no, don't say that Jade, you're not any of those. It was my fault, I'm sorry." Perrie replied while shaking her head.
"Well guess what, loving you proved it."

Perrie POV

Hearing Jade say all those words made my tears fall a lot more heavier.
"Jade, baby I'm sorry. Can you please give me a c-chance? We could start all over again. I know it was all my fault, but I don't want to waste everything that we have. Please."
I pleaded.
Jade shook her head and looked down.
"I-I don't know, I don't think I'm ready Perrie." She replied, her words were like a stab in the heart.
"I-I know it's going to be difficult but I swear, falling in love with you wasn't a game to me, it was all real." I said as I walked closer to her and reached for her hands.