Chapter 70...You got to be kidding me!

Jade POV

"Uhh..are we there yet?" I questioned even though I do know that we're still a few blocks away.
"Jadey, you don't have to be so nervous." Calum chuckled in his seat.
"Uhh..right!" I replied while swallowing the huge lump in my throat that kept coming back.
"You'll be fine, you look beautiful Jade, don't worry." Jenna, Calum's date spoke while flashing me a reassuring smile.
"Thanks, it's just that...I'm not really used..to this..uhh whole dance thing." I said while absent mindedly playing with my fingers.

"Is it just the dance that's got you so nervous or is it Perrie?" Calum asked out of nowhere and my mind snapped back to reality upon hearing her name.
"W-what?" I asked dumbly.
"Nevermind! Just relax okay? you'll be fine!" Calum replied while waving his hand.
He's right, it wasnt just the dance that's making me nervous, it's actually Perrie. Gosh! Why on earth does she have this effect on me? I asked myself.

After a few more turns, the car came to a stop.
"We're here guys!" Jenna exclaimed with excitement in her voice.
"Shit!" I cursed mentally, and suddenly my body was unable to move. I wish I could just go back home and not face her tonight, I don't think I'm ready for this!

"Jade let's go!" Calum said while extending his hands for me. That's when I realized that they were already out of the car and it was just me sitting there.
"Come on Jadey you got this!" Calum said again and this time I got out of the car.

Perrie POV

"Now that's what I'm talking about!" Michael exclaimed excitedly once we got in and we were immediately greeted by the romantic lights and decorations as well as the upbeat song that was playing in the background.
"This is it guys!" Leigh squealed while holding her date's arm tighter.
If only Jade and I were in good terms, I could have done the same.
"Pez are you alright?" Jesy shook me.
I must have been staring too long at the dance floor, thinking about Jade.
"Y-yeah, I'm great Jes! Don't worry about me!" I replied reassuringly, even though my heart was actually weeping.
Really?" She asked again.
"I'll be fine, thanks." I replied softly, I know she's not buying it.
"Okay, just making sure. You'll ask her to dance with you right?" Jesy questioned.
"Yeah if she agrees to, and I promise I won't dance with any other girl tonight, just her, just Jade." I stated and I earned a small pat in the back from my bestfriend.

After taking pictures, we sat around a table while waiting for the party to officially start. I felt uncomfortable, my hands are getting really sweaty and I swear this whole nervousness going on inside me isn't getting any better.
Then suddenly I heard soft talks and whispering going on around us.
Suddenly a girl wearing a blue dress who was seated by the table next to ours immediately stood up and spoke a bit louder that she should, "Who is she? Wait, I know who she is but it can't be! But I think it's that...Thirlwall girl?"
With that my head snapped, and my heartbeat raced a million times faster. It's Jade, she's here.

Jade POV

"Cal, I think I should go-" before I could even finish my sentence, Calum was already dragging me to the doors.
"No Jade! No second thoughts!" He said while gripping my arms tightly earning a soft giggle from her official date.
"Just act cool and confident!" Calum said again.
"Oh there's Charlie! He's already waiting for her!" Jenna spoke while pointing to a guy from afar who's back was facing us.
"Uhhh...who's Charlie?" I asked my bestfriend.
"Uhh...I..Jadey don't be mad but I actually set you up with someone else, a guy to be exact."
Calum spoke up and my eyes widened.
"What?" I whisper yelled at him and withdrew my hand from his.
"Don't worry it'll be fine! It's just Charlie, Charlie Puth. You know the guy in my maths class, works part time at a local restaurant, the guy who plays the piano at the school plays." Calum explained nervously.
"Oh...Him," was all I said.
"Yeah, he uhh.. he's been asking for your number ever since, but you were still with Perrie back then so I never gave it to him, well even until now. I kinda bumped into him yesterday and asked him if he could be your prom date, and he said yes!" Calum spoke while scratching the back of his neck.
"You got to be kidding me!" I gasped.
"Sorry, but come on. You'll thank me later for this!" Calum said smiling and dragged me once again.
"No I'll kill you after this!" I said to him
"Oh I know you won't!" He replied.

Suddenly my so called date came walking towards us, and that's when I realized that it was the waiter during me and Perrie's date by the seaside, Charlie, that's his name.
"So Jade this is Charlie and Charlie this is my beautiful bestfriend Jade." Calum introduced. Then I felt a warm hand gently reached for mine.
"I'm so glad to finally have met you formally, I'm Charlie Puth!" He said with a soft smile on his face.
"Uhm, Jade Thirlwall, nice to meet you!" I spoke while he bent his head down and gently kissed the back of my hand.
"You're even more beautiful tonight Ms. Thirlwall, and although Calum here already told me if I could be your date tonight, I'll still ask you if it's okay with you..so can I be your date?" He said then smiled.
"Oh..well.." I said then looked at Calum's eyes, then Jenna's they were both slightly nodding and then I faced Charlie.
"Yes Charlie, I want you to be my date tonight!" I said, then his smile went from ear to ear.
"Oh And please just call me Jade." I spoke and he nodded.
"Okay, so were all set! Now let's go find ourselves a seat." Calum exclaimed as Jenna clutched his arm.
"So shall we?" Charlie said extending his arm.
"Yes please!" I said as I did the same.