What If - Part Two (Keith x Reader)

At least 39 people have read this and that is amazing. Thank you so much!!! 💕
--------------------
"Lance, you might want to step to the side." You and Keith stood facing each other.

"Are you serious?" Lance exclaimed, "I want to watch this dropout be put in his place!"

"Just keep your mouth shut!" Keith growled, never taking his eyes off of you. The two of you had begun to circle each other. You smirked, "Scared, Red?" He laughed, "You wish!"

You smiled, "Now, since we're starting I would like to say what I get if I win. One, I will keep your bayard, unless you need it for battle. Two, I will have one thing I can ask you to do, and you will do it. It could be anything. Lance, you're my witness." Lance nodded, "I will be witness. And your sister, if she's listening."

"I'm listening," the small voice came from the ceiling. Lance backed away and leaned against the wall, "Alright, guys. Feel free to start." You quickly swung toward his left shoulder, but he blocked you. You pressed on his sword, "I'll try to not cut your pretty face." He ducked down and swiped at your hand. A small cut opened and bled, flowing red lines making tracks on your hand. You let out a small hiss and glared at him. Your left eye flashed as you swung your leg up and kicked him in the stomach, sending him across the room. The blue bayard flew out of his hand and you quickly moved to catch it. You walked up to Keith, who was slumped against the wall. A brief expression of guilt was on your face before it quickly disappeared. You crossed the two swords against his neck, cutting off his ability to move.

"I won, and this bayard is mine. You will-"

"Y/N!" Your sister rushed to your side, "Don't. Please, can we just shut it off?"

You dropped the bayards, "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" You rushed to Keith's side, "Sh*t." You quickly picked him up and walked out of the room, running toward the healing pods. You saw Allura and Coran, recognizing their faces since you had met them yesterday. The two had been quite angry at first, but calmed down when they found out Tatiana was of Altean descent. Allura turned toward you, "Y-Y/N... What happened?" You put Keith in the pod and quickly shut it. You sat down on the circle steps and put your head in your hands, "I am the worst human being ever."

"It is done," Haggar laughed. Your eyes opened, tears spilling out from your right eye. The left one appeared normal, with a purple iris, but it was different. It could see, but there were new things. "Well, Y/N? How does it feel?" Sendak smirked over you. You glared at him, "My eye is more advanced than yours. Which means I'm better than you." He slapped you across the face, "Silence!"

"Something you should know, dear." Haggar pushed a strand of hair behind your ear, "We can't control you through it, but it will... do something else. If you should ever feel angry, your new addition will amplify that feeling and make you violent. Too violent for anyone to ever accept you. For anyone to ever care for you. For anyone to love you."

You had been sitting in front of Keith's pod for several hours, hoping for the best. You tapped your foot nervously against the step. The pod opened and Keith fell out, leaving you barely enough time to stop him from faceplanting in the floor. He opened his eyes, "Y/N...? What's going on?"

You leaned forward, "I'm sorry." You gave him his bayard, your hand shaking. "Lance said he would let me use his."

He lifted up your bandaged hand, "Are you okay?"

"Am I okay? I knocked you unconscious and you're asking if I'm okay?" Keith shrugged in response, "Well, I haven't seen any bandaids since I've been here. Why didn't you use the healing pod?"

"I had to wait for you," you whispered, "I had to make sure you were okay." You stood up, "Can you walk?" He nodded and you grabbed his hand, pulling him to his room. He was slightly off balance, but he made it to his bed and you wrapped the covers around him. You turned off the light, about to leave the room, when your guilt got the best of you. You grabbed a spare blanket, and rolled yourself like a burrito. You placed a small kiss on Keith's forehead, whispering, "I'm sorry." You lay down on the floor next to him. If anything happened during the night, you would be there to protect him, as no one had ever protected you.
---------------
Okay, so this one was a little bit shorter (about 800 words), but I'm pretty happy with it. It wasn't my best, but I think I'm going to be writing this for a while. Then I'll go back to oneshots 😉