Games | Veronica

120. Fat yellow rat

"Are you ready to go?" Veronica calls. She's an early riser. You... not so much.

You groan in response from underneath your blanket.

The door opens and you can almost hear her disappointment. "Y/n..." she sighs, "I told you to get up twenty minutes ago. We're gonna be late."

The only response you can muster is a small, "Nn."

"You give me no other choice," she warns. In an act of utter betrayal, Veronica rips the blanket off your body. "Get up."

You curl up into a ball in an attempt to maintain your current temperature, but the air conditioner foils your plan.

Stupid air conditioner.

You whimper as you start to shiver, still too tired to use human words.

She sighs again. "C'mon, you big baby."

Your eyes snap open as she starts tracing the edge of your stomach with her finger.

You try to sit up, but end up falling over as you start laughing. "Ver, stop! Stop! I'm awake!"

She laughs mischievously and continues tickling you. "Not until you're out of bed!"

You struggle to crawl away from her and fall onto the floor, laughing all the way. "Okay, okay." You breathe out.

Veronica smiles and offers you a hand. "Let's get you ready."

You showered the night before, so your morning routine is simplified to washing your face, brushing your teeth, and changing. Veronica gives you an oversized sweater to wear, and you sigh happily at the softness of it.

"Alright, let's get going," she grabs your hand and the keys to your buggy before pulling you out the door.

"But where are we going?" You turn to her as you buckle your seat belt.

Safety first, kids.

Safety first, safety second, coolness third.

"We're going somewhere fun," Veronica smiles as she starts driving.

You laugh. "I don't know if your definition of fun fits mine. You remember that one time you had us filing reports for an afternoon?"

"That wasn't real fun," she snickers as she takes a left turn. "I just needed help with my overflowing stack of papers."

You cross your arms and frown. "So you're saying you used me to get your work done?"

"Yeah."

You gasp and put a hand to your chest. "I cannot believe you."

"But then I treated you to pizza afterwards, remember?"

"I guess that's fair," you admit reluctantly. That was some of the best pizza you ever had.

She parks the buggy. "We're here."

You look out the window. "What is this place?"

"It's somewhat of an old arcade," she explains as you get out of the car, "They were planning on tearing it down, but then the war got here and it was forgotten." Veronica walks alongside you and intertwines your hands. "To get people excited and readjusted to living normally, they decided to repair it."

"That's kinda cool," you look at the sign at the top of the building. It must have lit up at some point, but it's cracked and hanging off at an awkward angle. "Who are Dave and Buster?"