Under the Sea | Lance | Mer!Reader

A thank you:

You walked along the path, surrounded by endless woods. You had no idea how you got here or where you were meant to go. That was until you saw me:

A relatively tall girl with black, and some orange, hair standing underneath a large tree. I waved you over, "Y/n!"

"A-Author-chan?" You gasped, how was this even possible? This was probably just some weird dream.

I clasped your hands in mine, "Thank you! We have gotten so far! You have given me over a hundred five thousand views and four thousand votes! I know it sounds weird when just reduced to numbers, but thank you! Your support is what helps writers like me." I let go of your hands and pushed you backward, "Go on." I smiled, "Live the life you want."

That said, your surroundings vanished, and you continued on your way.

54. Requested by @Zillachi Hi I'm in Texas all week. Oneshots might be slow again...

You swam alongside your best friend, Elyssia. "Where are we going, Lyss?"

"There's been a disturbance on the surface!" She cried with excitement, "Two Voltron lions have come down to the sea floor!" She took off again, leaving bubbles in her wake.

You swam after her, "W-Wait for me!"

Soon enough, you came across two lions. One was a light shade of blue and swam elegantly through the water. The other one was a bright yellow and sort of... clunky. You were about to swim closer when Elyssia grabbed your arm, "Don't disturb them! They could destroy you in a second, Y/n!"

You looked at the lions, "They're fighting a serpent! I don't think they know how to!" You pointed at the large, scaly sea snake the lions were fighting. The lions were firing lasers at the serpent, which had no effect. You smiled, "Besides, I'll get to be the savior. Also, I don't think Voltron would help us if we let two of their paladins die."

You waited for a moment to watch the movements of the serpent and the lions before swimming at your maximum speed. You grabbed onto the two horns on the serpent's head and held on for dear life as it twisted, trying to throw you off.

As it twisted, you let out a high pitched scream, one humans would not be able to hear. The serpent began to slow and it came to a stop, softly sinking into the sandy ocean floor. You let go of its horns and gave it a soft pat on the head.

The mouth of the blue lion opened a figure swam out. Through his helmet, you could see that pretty features, unlike some other aliens you had met. "Hey, gorgeous merm," he smiled, "You really saved us back there. The name's Lance, what's yours?"

You smiled, "Y/n. Would like to join me for supper?" You extended your hand, "It would be an honor to have a paladin of Voltron at our table."

He took your hand, "It would be my pleasure."

Sorry, I didn't know where to go with it :\ Also sorry it's short...