Better | Keith

83. Still in the Anon series 🙃

The red paladin walked into the training room after hearing weapons clanging together. "Tch." He glared at your moving figure as you swung your blades, nearly decapitating Shiro, but he blocked your attack with his arm. "Really, Y/n?" Keith stared at you, looking extremely pissed off. He quickly looked away and turned, walking out of the training room as quickly as he had come.

You turned to Shiro, "He completely misread the situation, didn't he?"

"Yeah," Shiro sighed. "You know he doesn't understand people very well."

You walked to the door. "I'm gonna go find him."

"Good luck, Y/n."

"Thanks."

() A Short Time Skip

"Keith, come back!" You walked after the emo boy.

He sped up in response, "No."

"Ugh," you sighed and sprinted, diving at his legs, and successfully knocked him over. You sat criss cross applesauce {yes, criss cross applesauce} on top of his stomach. "Now will you talk to me?"

"Maybe," he huffed and looked at the wall.

You sighed again, "Keith..."

"Don't Keith me," he said, glaring at you. "Care to explain why you've been training with everyone except me for the past week or so?"

You averted your gaze to a very interesting wall to your left. "Well, you see..."

"You hate me. I get it," he sighed, looking at the wall to his left.

"Wha- of course I don't hate you, Keith!" You paused for a moment, "I just- you're so much better than me, okay?"

He stared at you, looking extremely confused. "...What?"

"I've been training with the others because I want to get better than you." You laughed, covering your face with your right hand. "You're really fast and you're so reckless that you don't have a technique that I can track, so fighting against you is really hard." You took your hand away from your face. "What I'm trying to say is, I like fighting with you, but I don't think I match your skill level. I'm trying to get better by fighting with the others." You smiled, "I'll say it again: of course I don't hate you, Keith. I love practicing with you, I love fighting by your side, I love being friends with yo-" You quickly mumbled, "Actually, I would like to be more than that, but anyway." The smile remained on your face. "I love you, Keith... but my pride can't handle having my butt kicked by you anymore."

Keith's face went from looking utterly shocked to unusually happy. "That's good to know," he smiled.

He wrapped his hand around the back of your neck, making you blush, "What are you-" He pulled you down so your lips met and holy quiznak it was amazing until-

"I'll pretend I didn't see that." You looked up to see Pidge walking away.

Your face flushed in embarrassment, "Pidgeon, I'm sorry!" You turned back to Keith, but avoided his eyes. "We should get off the hallway floor, though."

"Yeah, we should," Keith laughed nervously.

You got off of him and stood up before offering him your hand. "Let's go, lover boy." Smiling, he took it and the two of you walked down the hall, hand in hand.

Alright I'm going up to Massachusetts again today, so I'll try and get some more writing done for you all, but I'll only publish one a day :)