Come Back | Shiro

51. Gonna change the way I do the titles ^^ Requested by @Music-Master

"Commander Y/n."

You stepped forward, "Yes, Lord Zarkon."

"I want you to infiltrate the Altean ship."

You nodded, "I will prepare the fleet, sire."

"No, Commander. I want you to go on a solo mission, and get the lions. Prove your loyalty to the empire. Vrepit sa."

"Vrepit sa."

*^*^*

You approached the Altean ship, and you briefly thought about the time you had stayed up all night dancing with Lance, training with Keith, baking with Hunk, hacking with Pidge, and cu- Not now, you told yourself, I have a job to do.

You attached your ship to the side of the Altean vessel. They'll notice eventually, so I have to get in quickly. You found an airlock and lifted the panel before pressing the button. You went inside and closed the airlock. The pressure stabilized and you went into the hall, pulling out your knife.

You walked around the corner silently. Where were the inhabitants? Suddenly, a blade hilt was brought down on the back of your head. Well, quiznak.

*^*^*

"They're moving!"

"Take off their helmet so we can question them!"

You felt hands coming around the back of your neck, and you opened your eyes, trying to squirm out of their grasp. Shiro. You tried to move, hit him, kick him, anything, but your movements were stopped by the bands around your wrists and ankles. You were on a vertical table, like the ones you had seen Haggar's prisoners on so many times. You felt the air hiss as your helmet was unclasped. No. No. Quiznak no. The only reason they hadn't seen your face was because the helmet was shaded to help with solar glare.

You shook, trying to stop him. He began to lift your helmet, and you did the only thing you could think of. You screamed. It was a high, ear-piercing sound, and all the paladins and Allura covered their ears. Coran was probably cleaning something somewhere.

Shiro quickly pulled off your helmet, and you slumped forward, hair covering your face. Your throat was sore and screaming definitely didn't help. Exhausted, you felt your eyes close. You didn't want to deal with this.

"Y/n?"

Hesitantly, you opened your eyes to see Shiro's confused and concerned face. "H-hey, Shiro. Long time no see," you said nervously.

"Guys, I'd like to talk to Y/n alone." There was a moment of silence before their footsteps receded into the hallway. The door shut behind them and you heard it lock. Shiro undid your bindings and you came down to the floor.

You looked at the table in the corner with your helmet and blade on it. You shoved Shiro to the side, grabbing your dagger, and pushed him up against the wall, your blade against his throat. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you right now."

"Because I love you?"

"I-I don't care about that!" Damn you, shaky voice.

Shiro turned his head to the side, "I think you do. Even so, you're not a killer, Y/n."

"I might not have killed anybody, but I've given orders to kill!" You glared at him, "Don't act like you know me."

"But I do. Why did you leave us? Leave me? I thought we would protect each other, Y/n," Shiro said.

You grip loosened slightly, "Don't you see? I'm trying to protect you! We can't win against the Galra empire, so we should give up the lions and go somewhere they won't find us. We can all be together!"

"But we can win against them, Y/n. We found a weakness in Zarkon's forces, and we need to protect the Earth. Just come back to us."

"Really?" You dropped the knife, barely missing your toe. "And why do you want to save the Earth?"

"Because I'm one of the idiots that lives on it!" He clutched your shoulders, "Stay with us, Y/n! We can save the universe, and we will!"

"But, Shiro, they'll kill me!" Your hands shook.

Shiro held your hands, "It's okay. I'll protect you. I promise."

You leaned into his shoulder, "I'm sorry." You put your hands around his shoulders as your eyes welled with tears, "I'm sorry, Shiro."

"Shh, it's okay," he wrapped his arms around you. The two of you stayed that way, his arms around you. You felt safe in his embrace. Safe and warm and... happy. It was a nice feeling to have his arms around you once again, and you knew nothing would happen to you.

He had promised, after all.

So this is what I spent most of my 4+ hour car ride doing. Hope you liked it 😊 I also had to put that GotG reference in 😉 ...I also wrote a thing I plan to release on my birthday, but can't talk about that now. Thanks for over 82K 🎉