Jealousy Clouds the Mind (Lance x Reader)

Requested by the lovely 110490AV Hope you like it 😉

What you and Lance had could only be described as a love-hate relationship. You tried to be nice and flirt, but that wasn't really your area of expertise. You usually ended up punching him for flirting with girls and when he raised his eyebrows in confusion you just shrugged. "That's how I show affection." (( Toph ;) love her))

You smiled as you held onto the back of Lance's chair. This was your usual spot during the battles, behind Lance in the blue lion. The lions landed on the surface of the planet and rushed out. The Galra ships had left. This was a small outpost with a single prisoner, but it was heavily guarded.

You followed the paladins into the building, your twin daggers in your hands. Pidge had already disabled the security system. You all quietly slipped down the hallway, finally reaching the main door. Keith put his hand on the door, and it quickly opened. Light shone down on a small form. A girl of about sixteen years of age was on the floor. She had long black hair and her eyes opened, showing entirely black eyes. She looked up at you, tears flooding her eyes. "Please help me," she whispered. Her eyes closed and Lance immediately rushed forward, dropping his gun and sweeping her up in his arms.

>>Time Skip<<

You walked to the table, rolling your eyes, as Lance prattled on about the girl you'd rescued. Her name was Saline. There was something off about her and the other paladins agreed, except for Lance who was completely smitten. "She's just so pretty. And- And talented. I was fighting with her today and she beat me. Beat me! Without any weapons, no less! I-"

"Ohmigod Lance! Just shut up!" You slammed your hands on the table, the others all turning toward you. You glared at him, "Could you talk about anything else?"

He glared back at you, "I could, but I think I'd like to keep talking about her."

You rolled your eyes, "Seriously?! Why?"

"Well, for starters, she's so much better than all of you. She's funny and kind and pretty. And she's nothing like Y/N." He sneered at you as your jaw dropped. "Oh yeah, I know about your stupid, little crush. If you think that entitles you to my heart, then you're wrong! And the best thing about Saline is that she knows how to love."

You couldn't help it. The tears filled your eyes and you pushed back your chair, running out of the room. Tears slipped down your cheeks as you passed through the hallways to your bedroom. You walked into your room and closed the door before collapsing on your bed. You let out the sobs in your chest and felt a hand stroking your hair. You were too numb to respond to the touch.

"I'm sorry," the voice whispered. Your eyes widened, it was her. "It's my fault and I know how you feel. But they'll kill me if I don't do this." A towel was wrapped around your nose and mouth. Chloroform. You squirmed in her grasp as she whispered, "I'm sorry," over and over again. Then you finally passed out and fell into the dark.

>>Time Skip<<

"What are you doing with her?"

"She's my prisoner."

"She's gonna share your portions."

"Fine then."

The voices swirled around you like leaves in fall with soft, hushed voices. Your head was lifted and you slowly opened your eyes. You saw Saline above you, holding a bowl of... something. "You have to eat," she held the bowl in front of you. You quickly scrambled out of her arms and into a dark corner. "No."

"Look, Y/N, you don't understand what's going on. There's no security cameras in here because this is my room. I'm the prisoner too, okay. I-I'm tired of scrambling to save my own life, so I'm going to help you escape." She handed you her knife, "You have to attack me, otherwise they'll know it was me. You should go now, just to make this easier." You remained silent, processing what she said.

You held the knife, "Alright." You looked her over. Even though she was the one who got you here in the first place, you didn't want to kill her. You gripped the hilt, your knuckles turning white. She opened the door and looked out, "No one's coming. Do it now." You pulled her to the side, slicing through her horn, and bolted to the door.

Then you ran.

Finally finished! Sorry it took so long 😕 Haha sorry I just realized it's not actually Lance a lot (I love saying that). Maybe I'll do a part two