Like the Twilight Sky - Part One (Keith + Sister!Reader)

Spoilers if you haven't learned the truth about Keith

Requested by my favorite A2_Pidge! Hope you like it dear 😜 Also I have determined your appearance in this one - it should make more sense in a little bit

"Voltron is attacking!" Your mother handed you your gun, "The lions here. Go find your brother now." You pulled on the helmet, squishing your ears in the process, and held your knife in your left hand, the gun in your right. Your mother had given up her Marmoran blade, so she carved the symbol into the hilt of your dagger.

You ran past the fighters, all of them sentries, so they paid no attention to you. They never did.

Running out the door, you looked around for the lions. Only the green one was present, as you could see its faint outline. You mounted one of the speeders and took off after the lion. This planet had vast forests and sections of marshlands. Turning on your cloak, ((like the cloaking device, not an actual cloak. I'll do that next time 😉)) you flew underneath the green lion until it landed, and stopped your speeder behind it. You turned off your cloak and got off the speeder.

Remembering your training with the Olkari, you placed your hand on the lion's tail. You concentrated and thought, I just want to see Keith. My brother. The red one. I think he's the red one. He should be the red one if my facts are right, even though you're not red, but-

A gun was placed between your shoulder blades. You swung your left leg up and around the barrel ((of the gun, I mean)), twisting your attacker's arm behind his back as he crashed on the ground. Your eyes widened as you recognized the armor and you quickly took your foot off of him. "Ohmigoodness, I'm so sorry... uh, Lance, right? You're Lance?"

The boy in blue let out a small groan in response before standing up. You turned to see the rest of the paladins coming out of the lion. You scanned through the colors until you saw what you were looking for. Red.

You ran toward the paladins, "Keith! Keithkeithkeithkeith! KEITH!" You stopped when a sword point was placed in front of your neck.

He pressed the tip into your neck, but not enough to draw blood. "Who are you and how do you know my name?"

You laughed, "It's me, silly!" You smiled as you took off your helmet, "Your sister!" Your ears popped out as soon as the helmet was off your head.

"What are you talking about?! I'm an only child."

"W-wait, you- you mean..." Your voice broke, "Dad never mentioned me?" Iridescent tears ran down your lavender cheeks and your face began to change. Your ears shrank down in size and your skin went from the usual lavender color to pale peach. Your eyes lost their glow and turned the color of the twilight sky. Your hair darkened to black and it looked as if Keith was staring into a mirror.

"W-we can get Mom. She'll tell you. She'll tell you everything." You ran to your speeder and jumped onto it. Turning toward the Galran base, your eyes widened as you saw the Altean ship preparing to fire. "No!" You yelled. The laser fired, "Mom!", you screamed as the base blew up in clouds of fire and smoke.

The blast threw you back, knocking your head against a tree. Normally, your helmet would keep you in fighting mode. With no protection, the force was enough to knock you out. You fell under and drifted into the dark.