Lance | Waterbender!Reader | {Galra are benders not Galra} AU?

92. Requested by @TaraAlc

I'm going to make up a society with the bending abilities of the ATLA / LOK universe ^^; I never actually saw LOK so shh

ALSO... kind of an AU the Galra aren't the enemies, but what the humans on the planet with benders are called... and yep this already over complicated let's go

 and yep this already over complicated let's go

Just doing these for now

You swirled the water in between your fingers without touching them. "So I'm the water representative?"

"Yes, that's correct," Honerva nodded. "Acxa is the fire representative, Ezor is air, Zethrid is earth, and Narti is representing the plants or whatever it was that Voltron team wanted, since she's a waterbender."

You stared at her, "And I'm just... normal water?"

"Lotor will be representing as your leader, since the Voltron paladins also have a leader with no... abilities or anything besides combat," Honerva stopped speaking as horns sounded from outside. "It seems they are here," she gestured to the door. "Be on your way."

You sighed, "Alright, alright." You walked out of your room and down the stairs to the top of the entrance steps. You took your place on the third step up, behind Ezor. "How did you guys get here so fast?" you whispered, watching the exit of the ship in front of you open.

"We knew ahead of time. Honerva had to wait on telling you because you locked yourself in your room," Ezor giggled. "You should hang out with us more."

"Both of you, be quiet!" Acxa whispered harshly.

Ezor pouted, "But Acxiii." {Ahk-see}

"Sh-Shut up," she turned away to hide her face.

The paladins came forward, following a dark-skinned girl with white hair. She bowed out at the bottom of the stairs, "Hello, I am Princess Allura. Thank you for agreeing to meet with us."

Lotor nodded. "My name is Prince Lotor, and it is a pleasure to have you with us," he said without emotion. He gestured to the side you were standing on. "This is Y/n, our waterbender, and Ezor, our airbender." He switched hands, "And Zethrid is our earthbender, and Acxa is our firebender, Narti is another waterbender but she will be working as a plant... manipulator or whatever it was you wanted with plants. Anyway, our benders will take the paladins to separate training areas to train for the rest of the day."

"Thank you," Allura bowed her head. She turned to the group of people behind her, "Go ahead paladins."

(ノ^)🌊

"You really have to connect with the water," you explained to Lance. "Well, not really... but you have to be able to feel it."

You swirled the water around Lance's forehead and laid it around his head like a crown.

"Heh," he smiled, "Cute trick."

You froze the water to his skin and he let out a shriek in pain. "It's not a trick!" You yelled, "It's a quiznaking curse!"

"Y/n! Y/n?" Lance was staring at you, "You okay?"

You shook yourself out of your thoughts, "Yeah, sorry." You made the water weave between your fingers. You asked, "Why am I training you if you're not a bender? What's the point?"

"My lion can breath... ice?" Lance offered. "Each of our lions are connected with an element, so... Allura thinks this will help us connect with our lions."

You nodded, "Makes sense, I guess." You sent the water back into the fountain. "Watch this." You brought the water up to twice your height in a massive wave and froze it. The lily pads and water lilies were pulled up with it, but remained undamaged.

 The lily pads and water lilies were pulled up with it, but remained undamaged

{Rough Sketch}

"Woah..." He stared at the frozen water in awe. "It's so pretty."

You stared at him in confusion. This was something you did to let people know you had the power to control small bodies of water and he thought it was pretty? Most people would have run away by now. "Y-You think it's pretty?" You asked, "I'm basically killing the plants right now."

"But it looks cool," Lance smiled. "...You should probably let the plants go, though."

You let the water unfreeze and fall back into the fountain. "So you like dangerous bodies of water?"

"That's... an odd question," he laughed. "But... I guess so? I've always loved the ocean. I wanted to be a mermaid when I grew up when I was little."

You smiled, just a little. "That's nice."

"Yeah..." He smiled, "Show me more cool stuff."

"O-Okay."

...I did consider having the reader control Lance and nearly killing him because most of my oneshots have been angsty lately but nO I pulled through and tried to write fluff... (--')

Hope you liked it ^^;