Vi | Keith | Fem!Reader

57. Requested by @VinzTea15 I made it "Vi" because... well, you'll see

You ran through the market place, your bright purple hair flying behind you. "VI!" Of course, Vi itself was not your real name. Violet was your hair color. You didn't turn back to see the gang following behind you. Their heavy footsteps told you they were still on your trail.

You jumped onto a table and vaulted over a stall, yelling "Later, suckers!" You landed on the other side and continued running until you crashed into someone. "I-I'm sorry!" You pulled away from them, "H-Holy ship, I know you. You're the red paladin."

He blinked, processing what you just said, "Am- Am I really that recognizable?"

"Yup," you grabbed his arm. "I need you to help me."

He shook you off, "Why should I help you?"

"Gosh, I wonder," you deadpanned, "What does defenders of the universe mean? I mean, I guess some restrictions could apply..."

He sighed, "Alright."

"Don't fall behind, or you'll trip," you grabbed his hand and took off, running at your top speed. You came across a food stall and vaulted over the counter. The red paladin somehow jumped over the table in time, so nothing was knocked over.

The person at the stall noticed you two crouching behind the counter, "Hey, you two! Out!" She had a vaguely human form and was pointing a spatula at you in a threatening manner.

You stood up, "Please, miss. My ex is after me and my boyfriend, and he's got his gang with him."

"Alright, honey. You can stay as long as you like," she smiled.

You thanked her and hid below the table with the paladin.

"Boyfriend?" He questioned.

You shrugged, "Well, we're hidden now, aren't we?"

He nodded, "I guess so."

During the time you were under the table, you explained to the paladin about your current situation. His name was Keith, and he was looking for the USB you had in your pocket.

"Well that's convenient," you sighed.

You heard Scofh, the gang leader, speaking to the stall manager harshly, who told him to sifk off. You had no idea what it meant, but it made him utter some strong curse words.

Once he was gone, you thanked the manager and took off again. Naturally, things did not go your way. As soon as you started running, some of the gang members were behind you. You found yourself in the corner of the market, no windows to escape through.

"Well, if it isn't Little Vi," Sparky said, swinging her whip, neon blue hair moving in the slight wind.

You glared at her, "Go away, Sparks."

"Too late," she smirked. You felt a sharp pain in your skull and collapsed on the ground, writhing in agony.

(*〇□〇)......!

You opened your eyes slowly. "Well, look who's awake," Sparky laughed from above you. She leaned down in front of you, "Now where is it?"

"I don't have it," you smirked.

She glared at you, "Liar!" Sparky grabbed you by the hair, pulling you backward. "I said where is it, you lil-"

"Stop," Scofh said. "This brat can't lie, she's no use to us anymore."

That's what you think, you thought, your smirk remaining on your face.

"Are you stupid?!" Sparky yelled, "Obviously she doesn't have it, but she put it somewhere." She punched you across the face, sending you back to the floor, "Where is it?!"

You smiled, "Somewhere."

"Don't give me that crap!" Sparky glared at you. "Where is it?"

You wiped your bleeding nose as best you could with your shoulder, since your hands were tied. "I'm. Not. Telling you."

She kicked you in the stomach, knocking you over again. "Tell me, or he gets it," she said, grabbing a gun off one of the members near her. She pointed it at Keith, who was still unconscious, "Tell me right now."

Conveniently, the door burst open at that moment, and the other paladins quickly attacked Sparky and the gang members in the room. I should have known they would come in, you thought, I mean, they obviously can't let one of the main characters die.

The paladin in blue lifted you into his arms, and the world faded around you. How convenient... you thought, before drifting into a dreamless sleep.

(*〇□〇)......!

"Hey, Vi..." You heard Keith's voice, "Vi, can you hear me?"

You opened your eyes, "Unfortunately, yes. I can hear you." You slowly sat up, "Where am I?"

"The Castle of Lions... which is also a ship." Keith asked you, "Do you still have the USB on you?"

You nodded and took it out of your pocket, "Yeah."

"Thanks," he said, "Pidge has been tracking it down for weeks."

"No problem," you lay down again.

The red paladin stared at you, "Do you have anywhere to go?"

"Not really," you shrugged. "I'll figure something out."

He was silent for a moment, "You could join us, you know."

"Huh?" You stared at him.

"I mean, you did manage to get the USB before we did, and you can fight, so... would you like to join us in defending the universe?" Keith asked nervously.

You smirked, "Defending the universe, huh? Sounds pretty cool if you ask me."

"S-So you'll join us?" He asked.

You smiled, "Yeah. I think I will."

We didn't need that fourth wall

SORRY SORRY... this took three days to write

If I may ask for a favor, would you guys check out a short story I wrote? It's called Kindness and I'm entering the #WondertheMovie Contest. Thanks! 💕