Princesses | Fem!Reader | Allura

53. Requested by @chryla_and_demitrio Sorry it took so long!! (I also couldn't find your request so I don't remember the exact details 😅)

The castle on the planet, just moments after beating another one of Zarkon's beasts. The paladins, along with Allura and Coran, left the castle to speak with the Chrymoral Queen. The people on the planet were strange, with bodies made of plants. The paladins stopped walking when they reached a set of steps. A figure stood at the top, with large, almost butterfly-like wings made of petals.

 A figure stood at the top, with large, almost butterfly-like wings made of petals

"Hello, Voltron." She spoke softly, "Would you join us for dinner?"

Allura bowed, "Of course, your Highness. It would be an honor."

The Chrymoral Queen turned, walking into the building behind her. It was just as elegant as the palaces back on Earth, but it was entirely made of wood. She strode past the main table, gesturing for the paladins to have a seat. "I will fetch my daughter, and then we shall feast. In the meantime, just take a seat."

*^*^*

"Y/n?"

You turned toward the door at the sound of your mother's voice, "Yes, Mum?" She was now wearing her robe, currently in her human form.

"The paladins of Voltron are here. I would like for you to make an appearance for at least a few minutes. You're the princess, after all." Your mother said.

You sighed, "But I don't want to. You know I don't like interacting with people."

"Dear, some of them are human."

You head snapped up, "What?"

"They're-"

"No, no. I heard you," you said, standing up. You grabbed her hand, and pulled her to the dining room. You let go of your mother's hand and began to descend the stairs to the dining room. Your dress trailed behind you, leaving your mother to stand behind while you went down the stairs.

"Well, hey there." A human in a blue suit held out his hand to you, "The name's La-"

A girl with pointy ears, dark skins, white hair, and blue markings on her skin smacked him, "Lance!" She turned to you apologetically, "Uh, sorry. Lance isn't educated in formal greetings. I'm Princess Allura." She stuck out her hand.

"Pretty," you whispered.

Allura blinked, "Sorry? I couldn't hear what you said."

"Oh, uh," you felt your cheeks flush, "I'm Princess Y/n." You shook her hand and turned to see your mother descending the stairs.

"Oooh, who's the other pretty lady?" Lance asked.

This time, you smacked, "That's the queen, you knucklehead! Show some respect!"

"Ooh, I like her," you heard the small, green one say.

After that, you all sat down and began your meal. The conversation flowed around you, and you took no part in it whatsoever. "So, Y/n," Lance asked, "Are you human? Or do you have a flower form too?"

You stood up, "Excuse me. I need some air." You turned and left the dining room, stepping into the forest. You lay down on your back, staring at the stars.

"Excuse me?" You turned to see Allura, "Do you mind if I join you?" You shrugged, and she lay down beside you. "I heard what you said before."

"What?" You turned toward her.

"When you said I was pretty, I mean," she said.

"Oh."

Allura smiled, "You're pretty cute, too."

"Oh, uh thanks."

"You're welcome." Allura blushed, "So, uh, do want to hold hands?"

"Okay." The two of you linked your fingers and turned back to watch the stars.