Officer | Adam

125. sad hours: open

Adam's last initial is W so I'm giving him the last name Wright (like the Wright brothers)

TRIGGER WARNINGS: Fire, death, panic attack/hallucination

"So he's still going?" You ask, voice soft. You're sitting on top of the couch, hands tucked between your thighs.

Adam throws his head back, next to your leg, as he takes another sip. "Yup." He puts the glass down without looking, still leaning against the couch. His eyes shift from the ceiling to you. "Is it really that bad that I don't want him to leave?"

"Of course not," you pet his hair. "You are his boyfriend, it makes sense that you're concerned."

"Was."

You blink, "What?"

"I was his boyfriend," Adam murmurs sadly.

Your mouth drops open. "Wait, did he-"

"No." He sighs, "I did. I thought it would be better with no strings intact, but I'm just as miserable as before."

"You guys have been together for a while," you pause, not quite sure what to do, "It's not going to be easy to forget all that you've been through." You slide down to sit on the couch, and his head falls to rest on his shoulder.

Adam bites his lip, eyes glassy. "I just want him to be safe, but he doesn't care."

"I'm sure he cares."

"Well, I'm not."

You sigh and reach up to pat his cheek. "You'll get through this. I'll be with you the every step of the way."

"Thank you, Y/n."

"Anytime."

The screens are programmed to turn on at the mention of "Garrison," which can be helpful when preparing to cleanup rumors. Sometimes, you wish they didn't.

"The Galaxy Garrison mission to the distant moon of Kerberos is missing, and all crew members are believed to be dead. The Galaxy Garrison has said the crash was presumably caused by pilot error. It is, indeed, a sad day for all humanity."

"Turn that off, right now!" You yell, and one of the nearby officers scrambles in fear to find a remote. "Adam?!" You quickly scan the room. He's not here.

You run out the door before it opens completely, shoulder slamming into it. Hissing in pain, you grab the spot with your hand. You have more important things to worry about. "Adam?!"

You run through the halls, papers flying out of startled officers' hands. "Adam!"

"Adam?!"

"Where are you?!"

You stop in the middle of the hall.

He had a meeting today, didn't he?

You turn around and keep running.

In the corner of your eye, you see Iverson disappear into his office. He's going to have to clean this up with the public. Sure a statement about "pilot error" was given, but death is a serious issue. You don't stop for him.

Meeting Room G comes into view, and you keep speeding towards the door.

"Adam!"

The door opens and you stop, breathing heavily.

It's almost silent.

The news report is still going, the woman's monotone and almost completely emotionless.