What If - Part Four (Keith x Reader)

You woke up to an ugly face, "Hello Sendak, you pig." He laughed, "Ahh, little Y/N, still as feisty as ever." You glared at him, "What do you want?" He smirked, "Voltron, of course, surely you realized it." You rolled your eyes, "What does that have to do with me?"

"That red paladin is quite fond of you. What is it you earthlings call it? Ah, yes. Love. One of the sentries actually recorded your little moment for Haggar to watch. She likes romance movies for some reason. Anyways, you are the bait." He gestured to the window beside him, "Look who's here."

The lions were flying toward the castle. Keith's face showed up on the screen and his voice crackled in the Galra speakers, "Give Y/N back, Sendak." You heard Hunk whisper, "that rhymed," in the background.

"Well, you can have her back if you hand over your lio-"

"Keith! Don't do it!" You tried to sit up on your knees, without using your hands since they were tied behind your back.

"Y/N! What did he do?" Keith looked extremely distressed. "What are you talking abo-" You stopped when you saw the growing puddle of blood on the floor, "Oh quiznak." ((Bc I'm not writing it in english))

Sendak was facing the screen, "So will you hand over your lions? Or watch her die?"

"Hey Sendak." He started to turn around when you kicked him in the crotch. He bent over and you quickly stood up one of the guards tried to shoot you, but you turned and it broke your handcuffs. You grabbed the sentry's gun and shot him through the chest, before turning around and beheading the other one. You shot the groaning Sendak at the shoulder, cutting off the power to his arm of quintessence voodoo magic. You dragged him by the neck and threw him into the hall, "I hope Zarkon has fun punishing you." You closed the door and turned back to the screen, "Keith, I see you in the window. I am going to shoot this window and jump into space. I don't have a suit, so you will get me in your lion or I will die. Get over here!" You shut off the screen and backed up to the door. "Here goes nothing," you shot the window. The glass shards were sucked into space, and you were running willingly into the void.

The first thing you felt was cold and you clenched your eyes shut. This was a terrible decision. You suck at holding your breath. This was just plain stupid. You imagined your gravestone with the description, "Y/N L/N, died from jumping into space after shooting a whole through a win-"

Warmth. You were warm and in the back of the lion. "Y/N!" You heard Keith calling you, "Y/N, are you okay?" The red lion shook, hopefully that meant you were back on Allura's ship. You opened your eyes, taking a minute to focus. You felt yourself being lifted off the floor. In front of you was a red blob, which turned out to be Keith's suit. The blood loss was getting to you and you felt your eyelids drooping, cutting you off from the world.

>>Time Skip<<

The first thing you heard were voices, but they were dulled as if you were underwater. You opened your eyes, just a little bit, to see blurred faces. It was easy recognizing who they were because of the colors. There was Pidge in her green and white blur. Your sister was beside her in a sky blue blob. Lance was there in weird colors and Hunk was there as the biggest blob. You saw Shiro in his dark colors and then there was the reddish blur, Keith. You reached out a hand and touched the surface, which dissipated, causing you to fall through. Keith reached out and caught you, "How are you feeling?"

You sighed, "Okay, I guess... I have a question." The paladins looked at each other and shrugged, "Ask away."

"How did I get in this suit?" You looked at their faces, arms crossed, "Well?"

"Allura."
"Yeah, it wasn't us!"
"Please let us live."
"I'm sure she won't kill us... Right?"
"Well, I'm a girl so..." Pidge and Lex high-fived.

"Wait," Lance put a hand to his chin, "How did I get in the suit?"
"It was me," Keith put his hands on his hips.
"WHAT." He looked at Shiro, "Why couldn't you do it?"
"What's wrong with me doing it?" Keith threw his hands in the air, "I didn't draw on your face, so be grateful!"
Lance sighed, "Alright, thank you for not drawing on my face."

Keith grabbed your hand and pulled you to the door, "I'm going to talk to Y/N." He saw your sister and Pidge smirk at each other, "Alone." He walked toward his room and shut the door, "I'm sorry."

You blinked, "For what?"

"For, y'know, almost getting you killed. I was supposed to be with you! So it's all my fau-" You covered his mouth, "My sister was the one who showed you how to find me, yes?" He gave you a confused look before nodding. "And did she try to share the coordinates with all the paladins, but it didn't work, except for you?" He nodded. "The tracking capabilities depend on what is up here," you tapped your head, "supposedly anyway. My eye is purple because of a certain element, which has, well I won't give you a science lesson now, but it is also connected to my brain. Long story short, it depends upon how strong my connection is with someone. A small device was given to my sister so she could track me. If I come in contact with a piece of tech, I become compatible with it. The connection is important, because I need to have access to your tech. I came in contact with your helmet when I was impersonating you and I got to your lion when you guys were training. So do not tell me you aren't good enough for me or whatever was going to come out of your mouth." You took your hand away from his mouth and clasped both of your hands together.

He smiled at you, "You are definitely a great speech writer.  You should give us pep talks more often." He sighed, "No matter what, I will always come for you. And we will get through all of this..."

The two of you smiled, "Together."

YAY I DID IT! About 1200 words in this one. Also I figured that I would just do my ANs in bold so it's more obvious. Also, I watched the first four episodes of season two today!!! It's so cute, I love it 😍 I'm probably going to do some oneshots with stuff from season two, but I will say "Season Two, Episode Whatever Number" if it contains spoilers from that episode. Also, at least 60 individual people have read this, so thank you! 💕