What If - Part Three (Keith x Reader)

You opened your eyes to dark, messy hair. ((idk if that makes sense)) You sat up on the mattress, your hair sticking to your face with dried tears. You didn't know how you ended up in the bed, but you knew the likely answer and smiled at Keith. Your smile went from grateful to mischievous and you ruffled the boy's hair. He opened his eyes, "What?"

You laughed, "You're adorable." Standing up, you stretched and got off the bed. You looked around the room, which was basically empty. "Not much of a collector, are you?" You went to the door, "Um, thanks for letting me stay after I, y'know, knocked you unconscious." You smiled at him and left the room.

You walked down the hall, looking for heat signatures. One of the rooms had two, so your sister was probably in there. You opened the door, "Lex?" She and Pidge were snuggled on the bed together, looking at the motherboard of a computer. "Hey Y/N. Pidge is giving me the update on the code and hardware." You laughed. Of course, after fifty or so years of sleep, the first thing your sister wanted to do was code. ((my sister is basically Pidge and there is no better way to explain it))

You smiled, "Alright, let me know when you're done. I'm going to explore the castle again." You walked through the halls until you came to Lance's door. You quietly slipped inside where you realized stealth was unnecessary. Lance had a sleep mask ((idk what they're called)) and headphones on. You smirked and grabbed his bayard from the nightstand.

You went to the training room and summoned gladiators. The bayard produced a sword, because that was your best weapon. The first gladiator was easily defeated with a single swipe to the neck. You barely stopped the second one from decapitating you, but it knocked your blade behind itself. You ran toward it and jumped, using your hands to push off its shoulders, before landing behind it. You scooped up the bayard and produced another sword before stabbing the gladiator through the chest. A third one advanced toward you, but you rushed toward it. You slid between its legs and brought the sword up, cutting it through the middle. The final gladiator charged and swung at your shoulder, but you ducked and stabbed it through the stomach.

"Nice job." You turned around to see the red paladin in the doorway. "Where'd you learn that flip thing?" You shrugged in response, "When I was escaping somewhere. I don't know." He looked toward your hand, "Are you sure you don't want to use a pod? I mean, hands are pretty important." You rolled your eyes, "No sh*t, Sherlock." You laughed nervously, "Uh, sorry. I'm just not used to being around people."

He gave a lopsided smile, "It's not that noticeable. I was told to let you know that the breakfast goo is being served. Are you going to eat?" You shrugged, "I guess so."

>>Time Skip<<

"So, scary, but pretty cyborg lady," Lance was nervously looking at you while eating his space goo, "I thought you were going to use Keith's bayard. I mean, I freaked out this morning when I couldn't find it and Allura yelled at me!" He crossed his arms like a small human. (("small human" is better than child of course))

"Oh, I'm sorry, would you like to duel me to get your bayard back?" You twirled the bayard in your hand and looked at Lance, smirking. He just looked terrified, "Okay you can keep it."

>>Time Skip<< ((I know, I'm sorry there's a lot of time skips, but this one is longer, okay clarification:))
>>Time Skip of about Two Weeks<<

It had been almost a month since you had woken up from your sleep. You had gotten to know the crew of the Altean ship and they were sometimes unbearable, but they were usually on your good side. Your two favorites were Pidge, because she looked out for your sister, and Keith, because you had gotten to know him after you had hurt him severely, but he wasn't actually all that moody and appeared to have human emotions if Lance wasn't present.

You turned to Keith as the both of you lay on the training room floor, "So... Is there anyway I can repay you for almost killing you even though I didn't mean to because it was an accident?" He laughed, "Stop trying to defend yourself." You rolled your eyes, "How am I supposed to not defend myself? Human beings are meant to look out for themselves." You smiled, "Ding!" Keith gave you an extremely confused look, "...What are you doing?"

"I have an idea!" You giggled, "And it's going to be super cool!" You stood up and pulled Keith to his feet, "Get up, lazy bones. We're going to explore this planet." You pulled him through the halls, "Allura! I hope this planet has the right amount of oxygen because Keith and I are going outside and I don't want to die!" You continued running through the halls, laughing in a way you hadn't done in years. Keith just smiled at you as you held his hand through the halls.

You ran out of the front door. Well, you didn't know if it was a front door, but you ran out of it, regardless. You gasped at the sight in front of you. There were trees surrounding a lake, with a backdrop of mountains. You smiled at the picturesque scene, remembering when you used to paint. That hobby had come to a quick end because there was no time for painting in the Garrison.

You walked into the trees, "Does it smell like cinnamon?" Keith looked around, "I don't know. It smells like vanilla."

You shook your head, "It's clearly cinnamon. Also, it is probably the chemical compound causing the smell, like cinnamaldehyde. Actually, it's not called cinnamaldehyde after IUPAC changed it in the early 2000s, I think, to trans-3-phenylprop-2-enal." The small smile left your face as you looked at his completely dumbfounded expression, "What?" He shook his head, smiling, "Nothing."

You sat down on the edge of the lake, still holding his hand, "Um, do you want me to le-"

He shook his head, "No, I like having our hands like this." You smiled, feeling the heat on your face, and looked down toward the water... or what you hoped was water. "So, as part of the duel's bets I said I could ask you to do anything and you would do it. I- I want you to kiss me." You were met with silence, "I-it's okay if you don't want to, I mean, I'm sorry for making this awkward, I jus-" He didn't even let you finish the sentence. He pushed the hair out of your face and pressed his lips to yours. You smiled into the kiss and lightly squeezed your ((yours and his)) hands, still clasped together. "W-wow," you felt your face flush, "I didn't really expect you to do it."

"...Does that mean I shouldn't have done it?" He cocked his head to the side, as if he didn't understand. You glared at him, "No." He just smirked in response.

"Now that we have kissed under the stars, would you like to go back inside?" He gestured to the ship. You smiled, "Not yet. I'm just going to sit here for a few minutes. You can go back inside if you want, you look tired. I'll come back in a minute." He nodded and you saw the slight bags under his eyes.

You stared up at the stars and constellations, so different from the ones back on Earth. Oh, sweet Earth, with dirt and pasta and grass and videos of bananas slipping on men.

"Hello, Y/N." You tensed up at the voice and let out a scream. You felt the impact on the back of your head and were lost to the darkness. The last thing you heard was Keith's distant yells, calling out for you.
---------------
All I have to say is HOLY FLIPPIN MULECAKES 1355 words! Thanks to @TheOrangeGryffindor for all of the lovely comments they posted while I was finishing this, which was technically yesterday, but they made my day so thank you 💕