Soft | Matt

113. Sorry for the wait ;-;
Questions for future oneshots down below! ⬇️
I haven't finished season 7 so no spoilers please!! If you comment you get muted because- just don't post spoilers

Art Instagram: Lizimire
Writing Instagram: Erika_Saur
Twitter: Erika_Saur

You flopped down onto the couch. "God, I hate guys sometimes."

Lance looked up from the game he was playing on Pidge's orange screen. "Why are you telling this to me, a guy?"

"Because you know I'm not talking about you, and can provide emotional support during my struggle," you say without looking up. "Romance is exhausting. I need a nap."

"You didn't even do anything." Lance moves to lie on the couch above you.

You roll over to look at him. "I got up this morning. It was a lot of work."

"So did I. I didn't get my full beauty rest," Lance yawned. "Being a paladin is hard, you know."

You smirked, not one to worship Voltron. "But so is being a victim of serious torture and war crimes." You wave your hand over your face, the display on your right side flickering to reveal the metal that built up the structure of your cheekbones and eye. You waved your hand the other way, giving your face color and texture again. "I think I have hit more stops on the ruined life train."

"Okay, fine," Lance says. "But what's up with Matt?"

You sigh and pinch the bridge of your nose. "He's making literal heart eyes at Allura... as usual. No more time for me, I suppose."

"Well, she is very pretty," he mumbles.

You roll your eyes. "I know she's very pretty. She's also a great leader at some points, but her personality just ticks me off." You sigh and rub your forehead. "That doesn't help me though. I'll be a forever-alone as I planned."

"Hey, we made a pact," Lance points a finger at you, which you smack away. "We get married if we're both by ourselves at thirty and then we go from a platonic to increasingly romantic relationship. Pidge will be on the edge to see what happens between us, and Hunk will ask us to help him bake some cupcakes, which we do, but then we have a frosting fight. I smear some on your face, particularly your lips, and then I say something super cool, and we make out. Then we find out Pidge took a picture, and labelled it as 'time of confession,' but we all laugh and it's happily ever after for us."

You sigh, "That is very likely."

He pats your shoulder. "Well you have a better chance with Matt than I do with Allura."

You smile sadly at him. "Don't talk like that. You're likeable! You're sweet and funny and you're blessing to anyone graced with your presence."

He smiles, just a little. "Thanks, Y/n." He presses a small kiss to your forehead. It was a habit now, after you told him it was the only thing you remembered of home. Then he smirks, "You should talk to Matt like that."

"Maybe," your gaze focuses on the wall.

❀ first try ❀

Your gaze focuses on Matt's door.

"Hey, uh, Matt," you knock on his door.

"Y/n?" A moment later, the door opens to reveal Matt and Allura sitting on his bed.

You stare at them for a second in silence, your hand still in up from knocking. "Uh... I'll leave you two alone. You look busy."

You turn on your heel and walk away.