Anticlimactic | Narti | Telepath!Galra!Reader

98. I can't quite pinpoint Narti's character :/
I think telepath fits better than psychic...
{weeks because I don't know Galran time ^^;}

You sat next to the blind general and found your way to her mind. "Hello, Narti," you spoke out loud.

Nice to see you, Y/n.

"How are you feeling today?"

Kind of tired. Haggar had me send a message from a rebel to his group or whatever. I really think it's pointless. Why can't she just let Lotor reform the empire?

"Ah, I don't like her very much." You clicked your tongue. "Can I touch your ears?"

Ah, six weeks of being close friends, and your favorite thing about me is still my ears.

You giggled, "My favorite thing about you is that you are you... but your ears are a close second."

She would probably be sighing or facepalming if she could do either well, but she just shook her head. Typical. Narti pulled down her hood. Ta-dah...

You reached out and poked her tiny ears. "Boop." {I say boop a lot} You smiled, "So cute and tiny."

Are you going to poke my ears every time?

"Maybe. Just sometimes." You laughed, "They're cute... and so much smaller than mine." You flicked your ears up.

Could you get out of my head for a minute?

"Alright." You retreated from her mind and rolled over so you were upside down on the bed. "Let me know when you want to talk."

About seven minutes later, Narti hadn't made any motion to say that she wanted to talk to you. "Narti?" You tapped on her leg. "Can I come back?" She didn't turn in the direction of your voice like she normally would. "Narti?" At this point, you were a little afraid that she was mad at you or just lost in thought again. "Hey, um, I'm going to, uh, connect, okay?" You found your way to her mind again and were instantly met with:

Just say it already.
Just tell her.
Just tell her.
I love you.
I love you.
I love you.
I love yo-

Narti, you spoke inside her head, calm down.

Why are you in my head?! I mean- um... hi? Kova was still sitting at the head of her bed, eyeing you as he licked his fur. Narti turned toward you.

"You weren't responding so I wanted to make sure you weren't lost again." You leaned on her shoulder. "Sorry. I didn't mean to invade your personal space."

I-It's fine. I just wanted to tell you... She reached out and stroked the back of Kova's head. I- uh, I love you, but, like, more than friends. And I'm not good at communicating with the whole mute thing, so you're the only person I've ever really talked to.

You giggled, "You're adorable, Narti. I love you." You poked the top of her ears. "Boop."

That was very anticlimactic.

You smiled, "Don't add drama where it isn't necessary. That's what I was always told."

Can... um, can we cuddle?

You laughed, "Of course." You wrapped your arms around her and lay down. Her chest felt like it was vibrating. "Are... you purring?"

You can't hear the actual purr, but yes.

"How cute."