Oops (Shiro x Fem!Reader)

This was requested by the sunflower 110490AV Just a fair warning as I gave to @ _Spirit_Wolf_, I am not very good at Shiro so... 😅

"Hey, um, Shiro?" You nervously walked up to him, your hands behind your back, "I have to tell you something."

He looked up from what he was doing, "Sure. What is it, Y/N?"

You looked down at the floor, "I like you. Like more than a friend. I just- I don't know. Okay. Bye!" You quickly ran out the door.

Shiro stared where you had just been, "Quiznak."

(❁°͈▵°͈)

"Wait, like this?" You reached your hand behind Lance's hand and brought his face to yours, without actually touching your lips. The two of you separated.

Lance nodded, "Yeah. Then you just press your faces together and *smooch*." He made kissing sound effects.

You looked at him, your face flushing, "How do you even know any of this? You never kissed anyone! And... can we, uh, practice that too?"

"You want your first kiss... to be me? I thought we were doing this because you like Shiro? Or..." He put his hand to his chin and winked at you, "I must be even better looking than I thought to change your mind, so quickly. You are pretty indecisive."

You shook your head, "Nope. Like archery, you get three practice rounds before you score, if you want." You smirked. "Which means this won't count. Plus..." You leaned toward him and whispered in his ear, "You know you want your first kiss to be Keith, so you can do that after this practice round."

His face turned a bright shade of red, "W-what? No he's- he's my rival."

You smirked again, "Uh-huh. Rival indeed. Okay, now I'm just going to test this out." You pulled Lance toward you and pressed your lips to his. You heard the door open and you quickly broke apart, seeing Shiro and Allura in the doorway.

Allura grabbed his hand and turned around, "Let's go somewhere else, Shiro." They left, the door shutting behind them.

You banged your head against the wall before resting on your knees, "Oh no."

"Oh yes," Lance said, "We are so dead."

You turned around and glared at him, "No! Well, yes, but are he and Allura dating? I can't compete with her! They were holding hands, Lance, holding hands!"

He shrugged, "Well, it's not like we saw them making out."

You glared at him again, "Not helping. He probably think we're dating, so then he'll think I was lying and he's going to- no, he's already dating Allura and then I'll be alone forever!" You groaned and punched the wall, "Why is the universe against me?!"

"Well, you are prettier than her," Lance said.

"Nice try, Lance," you rolled your eyes, "You started flirting with her as soon as you met."

He rolled his eyes back at you, "I only delayed because you were in a different crew, so I had to wait until lunch to flirt with you."

"Hmph."

(❁°͈▵°͈)

You didn't bother coming out for dinner. No way were you going to set yourself up for that tense cloud of failure and awkwardness. There was a knock on the door, "Y/N?" You sighed, your voice muffled from the pillow your face was in, "Come in." You heard the door open and footsteps approaching you. "Did you talk to him, Lance, because I am dead now and I have kissed all my dreams goodbye."

"Um, it's not Lance." You quickly sat up, still holding the pillow to your face, so he could only see your eyes. You looked nervously at his arm, he wouldn't hurt you, right? He followed your gaze and looked down at his arm.

"So, um, d-did Lance talk... to you?" You felt tears welling in your eyes. Why did he have to come here? You couldn't exactly run away because this was your room.

"Sort of," his gaze didn't leave his arm, "He threw me a paper airplane and ran away. But he said-" He looked up at you, "Y/N, why are you crying?"

"What?" You reached a hand up to your face, and, indeed, there were tears streaming from your eyes like waterfalls. "I-I'm not crying. I just- I'm just tired. Sometimes tears c-come from your eyes when you're tired."

"Tell me what's wrong," he wrapped his arms around you, but you didn't say anything. "Please, Y/N, just tell me."

"You. Me. Stuff. Everything. Allura." You leaned your chin on his shoulder, still hugging your pillow.

"What about her?"

"I- I can't compete with her!" You broke out of his embrace and faced the wall, "I'm not good enough."

"You can and you are." You turned to look at Shiro. "You ran off before I got a chance to say it, but... I love you too, okay?"

You smiled, "Okay."

Ta-dah! This was better than I thought it would be, but I'm still not super happy with it 😕 Hope you liked it!