Rainbow | Pidge | Soulmate AU

90. Requested by @bluemoon852
I'm probably going to follow the same plot as another story I'm writing with this au oh well...

{edit 1/17/2019: this story has now been published and is on my profile, All Roses Have Thorns}

This is what the design on your arm looks like ~

Do you like tea? You scribbled on your arm randomly before washing it off with soap and water a minute later. You picked up a f/c pen and wrote on your left arm, since your right was covered in paint:

MK's
12 Crescent Road
10:00 am

You put your head on the desk, thinking to yourself. Do they even live in this town? Are they awake? What if they're allergic to gluten so they can't eat from MK's? You looked at the clock: 8:57 am. "I immediately regret my decision," you mumbled to yourself.

Time skip (~'')~

You pulled your f/c hoodie on over your grey shirt. Your outfit wasn't anything too crazy. The shirt was simple, with three-quarter sleeves and a little cat drawn in white on the front. You left your hoodie unzipped so you could see the design. You had on blue jeans and black boots. The hood of your sweater was down because you were wearing a black beanie.

Taking a deep breath, you walked into MK's and looked around. It was only 9:56 am, but you were already nervous. The only people in the small café were Mai, your close friend and daughter of the owner of the café; Meg, the old woman who always came on Saturday mornings; the snoggers, that one couple you didn't know the name of that showed up every so often; and Mr. Iverson, a middle-aged principal who is always typing away on his computer.

You walked up to the counter, "Hey Mai. Can I get the usual?"

"Sure," she smiled. "One chai tea latte coming up." She pulled out a cup and wrote your name on it, "You look a little off. Everything okay?"

You shook your head, "I told my soulmate that I was going to be here at ten."

"Well," Mai leaned against the counter. "If our café is going to bring some soulmates together, you can have the friend discount," she winked. "Go sit down."

You sit down at a table in the corner. This one is your favorite because of the mosaic on top of it. The design is made to look like the Andromeda Galaxy, with tiny silver, purple, gold, white, and pink pieces for the stars. A few minutes passed and Mai walked over with your tea. "Relax, it'll be fine." The door opened, causing the bells to jingle. Mai quickly ran back to her position, sliding under the counter. She jumped up, brushing herself off. "Hello, welcome to MK's. What can I get for you today?"

You turned toward the counter and Mai's current customer. Eyes widening, you nearly choked on your tea. What the quiznak. How the hell. What in the fudging cluck town is happening.

They had light brown hair that went to around their chin and golden brown eyes. Most noticeably, they were wearing a black t-shirt with a green alien head that showed off the rainbow paint on their pale skin. They placed their order and turned around, surveying the room. Their eyes flickered from person to person until they landed on you.

You waved at them, smiling softly. From behind them, Mai excitedly gave you two thumbs up, which made you laugh... just a little.

Your soulmate walked over and sat in the chair across from you, "So are you, um..."

"Your soulmate?" You laughed, pushing up your sleeves to show the paint. "It seems so."

They cracked a smile, "Okay, well, my name's Katie, but most call me Pidge, and I'm a girl... if that's what you were wondering."

"That, uh, was what I was thinking," you smiled back. "I'm Y/n."

- TIME SKIP -

"And that's how we met," you smiled at the rest of Pidge's friends.

Lance smiled, "That's quite the story."

"Yeah," Pidge leaned into your shoulder, "It is."

All done ~~