Rollercoaster Ride | Keith | High School AU

62. In this AU, Shiro is the same age as Keith / Lance / Hunk... weird, I know. Pidge is also in the same grade but that's because she skipped a few. Suggested by @TheSilverPaladin I changed it a bit...

BUT FIRST

Who is excited for season three?! It is almost upon us. Maybe I'll do a tribute to the Galra ladies 👌🏽

"Let's go!" You cheered and ran off the bus.

"Y/n, wait!"  One of your best friends, Keith, yelled and ran after you.

Finally, it was the day you had been waiting for since the beginning of the school year, Fair Day! It was the day when all senior students went to the carnival and had to do no work whatsoever!

You spun around, "Well, partner, where to first?"

"Shouldn't we wait for the rest of our group?" Keith asked.

You stopped moving, "Okay, yeah, we should probably wait for them." You turned back around to see the rest of your friends; Pidge, Lance, Hunk, Shiro, and Allura, getting off the bus. You waved them over, "C'mon, guys! Let's go!"

Then the adventure began. You went on 3-D rides, shooting ones, and Harry Potter-themed rides, until you finally reached... the roller coasters.

"Guys, let's go on this one!" You eagerly pointed at the Dragon Coasters. "Let's do the Chinese Fireball!"

"Heck yeah!" Lance and Pidge yelled, pumping their fists.

"I think Shiro and I will pass," Allura said.

Hunk shakily said, "I-I'm not sure about this guys."

"You don't have to do it if you don't want to, Hunk," you tried to give a reassuring smile.

"Uh, I-I'll do it," he stuttered.

The five of you got on line, and before you knew it, you were being locked into your seats. "Oh god, I think I made a mistake," you clenched your eyes shut as the ride went up.

You felt a hand on your arm. "Hold my hand if you need to," Keith said.

Muttering a quiet "thanks," you clasped your fingers. Suddenly, the speed increased and you started screaming, half excitement and half pure terror. You could hear Pidge and Lance yelling behind you, and you were pretty sure Keith was screaming too. As the loops continued, your screaming turned into something like the excited shrieking of a small bird.

As the ride can to a short stop, you let go of Keith's hand. "That wasn't so bad." However, a certain someone didn't enjoy the ride so much...

And by certain someone, I mean Hunk.

The poor boy immediately ran out of the ride, most likely to the nearest bathroom. Lance and Pidge quickly followed your friend and were gone in a matter of seconds.

You and Keith looked at each other and got off the ride.

"W-Where did they go?" You sat down on a bench and your raven-haired friend sat down beside you. "Do you want to check the bathroom?"

"I'll look in a few minutes," Keith stared into space.

A few minutes later, you and Keith were panicking. "They're not in there!" He yelled.

"Then where did they go?!" You started running towards a different set of rides.

After running around, you decided to check the time: 4:08 pm. "Oh quiznak, we were supposed to be back at the bus at three thirty!" You yelled and ran toward the parking lot as fast as you could go, Keith following behind you. When you reached the parking lot, you stared at the sight before you.

"THEY LEFT WITHOUT US?!"

(,,꒪꒫꒪,,)

"C'mon, Y/n, don't worry about it," your best friend tried to reassure you. "Let's just go on some rides, okay?"

You kicked a can on the ground, "How can I not worry?! The entire year left without us!"

"How about you stop worrying and we go have some fun?" Keith laughed and dragged you toward another ride.

You ended up going on more rides for another thirty minutes before Shiro came and got you, but before he did... there may have been a confession...

And a kiss.

I meant to have this go out on Saturday >_< Hope you liked it!!