Babe | Lance

115. Thanks for 850K my lovely readasaurs!! 💕💕 This one and the next will be dealing with trauma but then there'll be fluff, I promise!

You're worried.

Sure, that's how you usually are, but now you have a particular reason you're worried. It's not just your anxiety. Lance has been holed up in his room all afternoon. Ordinarily, this would not be particularly concerning. It's normal for people to desire being alone from time to time. Take Keith, for example. He's quite introverted, but you can tell if he wants to alone out of anger or fear.

You had gone to battle in the early morning, and Keith had nearly been shot by a sentry Lance was supposed to take care of. Fortunately, you had been able to call out a warning, allowing Keith to duck behind some rubble for cover, the shot missing his head by a few inches. Keith hadn't said anything overly harsh, just telling Lance to "get your head in the game."

But you know Lance can be sensitive and over think all the negative options, so here you are.

You knock on his door. "Lance? It's just me. Can I come in?"

You don't get a response, so you slip inside.

The room is dark, and his boots are sitting in the corner. Lance is lying on his bed, curled up into the fetal position with his hood covering his face.

"Hey..." You sit down next to him and put your hand on his shoulder, tracing a circle with your index finger. "You doing okay?"

The only response you get is a grumble.

"I just wanted to check on you is all. You can talk to me, you know. I'm not going to judge you. Just tell me what's on your mind."

He rolls over to face you, and you can see that he's been crying, even in the dim light. "I messed up," he says shakily, "again."

"It's okay, Lance."  You rub his back in an attempt to soothe him. "We all make mistakes. No one is perfect."

"I might not be perfect, but I should be better than I am. Keith almost died."

You sigh, "We all dodge death on the daily. We're always risking our necks. It's nothing new."

"But if he died, it would have been my fault. Then I- Everyone would- No one would want me around. Even more so than now." More tears are slipping out of his eyes, and you quickly wipe them away.

"Aw, babe, that's not true. The others love having you around." You lie down so your face is directly in front of his. "We wouldn't be Voltron without you."

"You- You know that's not true," his voice is even more shaky now, and you can tell he's trying not to sob. "Voltron only needs five pilots. We have more than enough people. I could easily be replaced at any moment."

You clasp his cheeks between your hands and glare at him. "Lance, you know that's not true. You have a special bond with Blue... and with Red. You've managed to pilot two lions. You've saved me more times than I can count on my fingers. You might not've saved Keith's butt- well, his whole body, today but you've saved the rest of your teammates plenty of times."

Lance cracks a weak smile at your comment about Keith's butt.

"You are an important part of the team. I know the little voices in the back of your head might say otherwise, but I will remind you that you matter." You wipe away another of his tears before pulling your hands away. "You need to know how special you are."

...especially to me.

"You're one of the most amazing people I've ever met, and I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for you." You smile, "So never doubt yourself."

His smile softens. "Thanks, Y/n. I needed to hear that."

"No need to thank me. I'm just telling the truth."

He wipes at the corners of his eyes before laughing. "But now for the important stuff... Did you call me babe?"

Your eyes widen. "Uhhh... Maybe?"

He smiles. "I've been waiting to hear that from you."

Please give my boys the support they need