Enemy | Pidge

127. Pew Pew

using meters cause feet are dumb why do we do this guys why do we have the customary system

The forest is quiet, but you really wish it wasn't. Your gun is clenched in your hand, glowing an annoyingly bright red. The sun hasn't completely set yet, so the forest is still lit ever so slightly, but if you don't finish this before it's completely dark, your gun will make you an easy target.

Breathing slower to keep quiet, you move slowly, prioritizing silent steps as you scan around the area.

Out of the corner of your eye, you spot a flash of blue to the right.

You swing your arm to the side and aim your gun at the tree.

A thought comes into your mind, and you tuck your gun into the back of your belt, hiding the light underneath your jacket and vest. You cautiously lean down to pick up a stick by your foot.

Mustering as much force as you can, you throw it against a tree about six and a half meters away from you. The blue light returns, slowly stalking towards the sound.

You jump up and grab the branch above you, swinging your leg over it. The branch makes a noise as it rubs against the fabric of your pants; the bark crunches as your boot scrapes against it.

The blue light swings in your direction.

"Shoot," you mutter under your breath.

The enemy moves slowly in your direction, gun held straight.

You curl your legs up above the branch, sticking as close to the trunk as you can. It's a little darker now as the sun dips lower behind the horizon, hopefully enough to keep you hidden.

The blue light spins around as it moves, the enemy preparing for an attack from all directions. You can see the silhouette of her figure, about two meters away from you.

Holding on tightly to the branch with one fist, you lower yourself down, hanging on by your knees. You can feel the blood starting to rush to your head, so you quickly pull out your gun and hold it out straight.

The target is so close, you don't really need to worry about accuracy.

She's starting to turn towards you.

"Hey, darling," you smile.

She whips around.

You pull the trigger.

The blast sends her into the tree behind her, back smacking against it. "Oh, jeez," she breathes out. "Really, Y/n?! The trees again?!"

You jump down and holster your gun. "Well, Katie, I've won," you hum happily, striding closer to her.

"That's not fair," she pouts. "I thought we said no more trees."

Crouching down next to her, you wrap an arm around her waist and pull her right arm over your shoulder to lift her up into a standing position. "That was for the group games. This is a kill round." Once she's standing, you lean down and pick her up with one arm under her knees, the other under her shoulders.

"Garbage excuses..." Katie grumbles.

You stick your tongue out at her as you start walking. "But you know what that means."

"N-No."

Nodding your head, you laugh at her denial. "You have to buy me dinneeer," you sing the word.

"Noooo," she drops her head back.

"You don't want to have dinner with me?" You mock her pout, "I'm offended."

Katie finally looks at you. "I don't want to pay." She mumbles, "You know I love spending time with you."

"Hmm, what was that?"

"Ugh," she groans and gives you an eyeroll, "You're evil."

You stop walking. "You know I can drop you right here, right?"

"Did I say evil? I meant amazing," she bats her eyelashes at you in a way that's completely out of character. "I love you so much, sweetie."

Resuming your previous pace, you laugh and touch your forehead against hers. "Love you too, silly."

She smiles.

"You're still buying me dinner though."

"Noooo..."