Savior | Pidge | Altean!Reader

70. Requested by @Teal-Paladin

This is before season 3 / Shiro disappears

Important note: You're about 5'7" / 170 cm - Alteans are taller than all you short little beans who keep commenting, guys, don't complain about the height please...

You sat in the darkness of your cell, head resting on your knees. You could hear the fire of weapons and running footsteps of sentries outside, probably to fight off some rebel group or something. It was a silent for a moment, which left you nervous. That either meant rebels had defeated a squadron, or they were dead. In either case, it made more work for you.

I guess you need some background, right?

Well, you were the personal guard for Princess Allura. When the end of the peace came, you were frozen along with her and the advisor, Coran, by King Alfor. During the time you were asleep, something must have happened because when you awoke, you were aboard a Galra ship with Zarkon and Haggar.

Things weren't too great for you. Instead of killing you directly, they placed you in the gladiator ring. Needless to say, you never lost. Since you had apparently "proved yourself," you were made to do the dirty work. Cleaning up and disposing of bodies, repairing sentries, killing off enemies of the Empire, and whatever else Zarkon and Haggar needed.

But now, now there was now sound... for a moment at least. Then there was a great banging, and the door to your cell swung open, light flooding the usually dark space. You covered your eyes with your hands before slowly adjusting to the new glow. A figure in green stood in front of you.

Your eyes traced over the armor and the weapon. It was a paladin, the bayard transformed into a glowing... pentagonal thing. You stood up quickly, leaning on the wall for support. "Tr-Trigel!"

Once you were at your full height, you stared down at the green paladin. "You... are not Trigel. Who are you, short one?"

"I-I'm not that short!" The voice was distinctly feminine. "Are you Y/n? Allura is looking for you."

"Th-The Princess?!" You gasped, "She's... still alive?" You grasped the small green girl's hand. "Please take me to her."

She nodded, "Of course." She wrapped an arm around your waist to support you to the best of your ability.

Another paladin in blue was outside, "You got 'em?"

The green one nodded, "Yeah." They moved, transitioning so that you were leaning on the blue paladin. "Let's go."

Time Skip (ノ≧∀≦)

"Princess!" You exclaimed, stumbling towards her. "You're okay!"

She turned towards you, "Y/n!" The two of you embraced, and she let go after a moment. "Are you alright? I sent the paladins as soon as I heard you were..." she pauses, just for a second, "alive." She smiled, "I'm sure you want to rest now, right? We can talk tomorrow."

Coran was there as well, and you hugged him tight. He had been like a father to you, since you never met your own parents. "It is so good to see you again, Y/n." You felt his tears fall on your shoulder, and your own eyes were misty as well. You smiled, "I missed you too, Coran."

You nodded, "I am... exhausted." You turned to the green paladin, who you learned to be Pidge, "Small one, please take me to my quarters."

Pidge nodded, "Okay, ridiculously tall person." She grabbed your arm and began to lead you toward the halls that you had missed for so long. You took the same winding paths you had ten thousand years ago. You made your way to your room, which was somehow still intact and in the same condition you had left it. You sat down on the bed and looked up at Pidge.

"Thank you for saving me," you whispered, taking her hand and kissing the back of it. You looked up to see her face redden slightly.

She looked away, but didn't take her hand out of your grasp. "U-Uh, I um, no... problem?"

You laughed softly and let go of her hand, "I'll talk to you later, small Pidge."

"Goodnight," she turned and left the room, the lights flickering out after her.

You smiled again, "It is a good night, indeed." You lay your head down on the pillow, finally having the peaceful rest you had desired for over a year.

Hope you liked it!! What did you think? :D