Who am I?

By Grace

~

That's the question that always runs through my head. But I don't know the answer and not many people do. It's part of life I guess. After a few months of being in the closet, I told my closet friend, Dan. We were in an RE lesson when I told him. I needed to tell someone as I was stressing about it so much and a weight was lifted off my chest. He didn't judge me or stop talking to me. He's still one of my closest friends and I can always talk to him if I'm confused about myself. Last Friday, I was in RE again when I told him I wasn't sure if I was a boy or a girl and I wanted to have my hair like his. He told me that if I wanted to have my hair short, I could because it was my hair and I shouldn't worry about what my parents say. So now I'm back at the question who am i? and the answer will still remain unanswered. We are always changing until we find who we truly are. And I'm still on that journey.

So going through the faze of a semi boyfriend who ended up being a jerk, that's where I first started to question my sexuality. I'd always thought that some girls were cute and only being 12 at the time, I didn't understand. Now being almost 14 years old I'm currently a gender queer Pansexual. I'm not sure if I'm a girl, or a boy but I'll figure it out.

My first girl crush was one of my best friends. I'd been friends with her since the start of high school. I told her that I liked her, but she didn't feel the same way. I was fine with it as I've still got plenty of time to figure myself out.

~Grace