Catholic and Pansexual

By Anonymous

~

I've been asking myself this for a year now: "Am I straight? Or bisexual? What is my sexuality?" And I've only very recently (as in literally a few days ago) accepted my being pansexual.

It started when I started crushing on a straight girl from one of my fandoms (NOT SAYING WHO HEHE). I denied it, thinking, "No, you don't like her. What the hell are you thinking?" Until I realized that I did. I would constantly think about her, read fanfics, and all that. After accepting it I felt really relieved, like a weight's been lifted from my shoulders, but up to now there was only one problem: My parents.

They are homophobic. They deny it, but they openly say to me "It's not natural!" "I fear that you will one day be part of the LGBT community, we don't want that." They believe that God only wants men and women to have relationships, not women and women or men and men. A priest at a seminar once said, "It's a good thing that Trump became president, because he's against gays." Now I'm having trouble. How can a pansexual girl tell her homophobic parents her true sexuality without being shunned?! I'm still trying to cope with this situation, but extremely glad that I was finally able to accept myself for who I really am.

Oh and, please pray my parents don't find my wattpad

- Pansexual and Proud