How Can You Be Trans AND Gay?

By Ryan LaneBoyWithAMigraine

~

I knew I was trans since I was 6th grade. But I didn't know what that was till I was in 8th grade. And that was when I came out. My parents weren't as shocked as they could be, they sort of seemed to expect it. (My mannerisms have always tended towards being masculine.)

It took two years, however, for me to be called by the right name and pronouns. It took me coming out at the library where I volunteered (Where I now work) to be taken seriously.

It was late 9th grade or early 10th when I came out as gay too. And of course I had to explain how that worked. (I had one girl recently ask if I would be gay either way, if I was attracted to girls, or boys)

It's been very stressful for me, honestly. And finding someone to love wasn't easy as well. Most gay cis guys (Insert random "NOT ALL MEN" here or something) don't count a trans guy as a real guy, and so I was worried I was going to die alone. But now my 6th partner, the love of my life, Elliott, I am 100% certain is the one I was meant to find. (Elli, I'm gonna marry you so hard some day.)

I really owe the fact that I'm still alive to him. (And my friend, but mostly him.)

My point is guys, people are gonna put stress on your life. But you'll find someone that will make it bearable. It gets better, I promise. Hang in there, and be your own precious selves. ~Ryan <3