Being Different Is Tough Yet Cool

By Falconswipe

~

Hey, I'm your average 13 year-old military brat. I'm pan and currently female but I am wondering if I should change that. Anyways, I used to live in California where everyone was accepting of who you were. And at the time, I was glad because my religion is Paganism. But, I moved to Missouri, and into a VERY small town. You can't be anything other than Christian and you MUST be straight. And I was mortified. So I tried to force myself to like guys. Only them. But I met a girl...we will call her "M". Anyways, we hit it off and she was obviously gay, flirting with me every chance she got. And I hated the fact that I started liking her back. All of my "friends" saw what was going on and yelled at me, saying,"This is wrong. You're disgusting. Get away from me, you f****." (I try not to swear sometimes.) And I got really mad. M was flirting with me! Not the other way around.

My family moved AGAIN and it sucked. This school was worse. I got bullied and I started having thoughts of suicide. My boyfriend at the time never cared. It was all about him.

Then my new..human I guess? They are bi-gender so. Meh. (I'm going to refer to her as a female for right now). We will call her Kayla. She told me to stop being with my current boyfriend and I broke up with him. Kayla and I started talking a lot more before I made a move. I kissed her and she kissed back. We've been together ever since.

Being different...I realized it wasn't weird. Not at all. It was cool.