Chapter Two

The day went by faster than I expected. 

I stuffed my things inside my bag and shouldered it, standing up from my seat and watching as the people crowded out of the classroom. 

I wasn't used to Jungkook not being in the same class as I was. Because really, elementary isn't as tight as highschool, and wow, thinking about it now, we were inseparable. 

Now, I don't know why I'm suddenly rethinking things right now: but my mind suddenly wandered off to that one time Jungkook was bullied by other kids when we were in kindergarden, and he didn't want to fight back so I had to be the one to defend him. 

And now.. despite the fact of me having to deal with his childishness, he's always so protective, and well, at least I know all of that kindergarden drama wasn't for nothing. 

I sighed and started making my way outside of the room, taking my time. I glanced to the side and almost jumped when I saw a girl my age waving at me shyly. I held back a scream, placing a hand on my chest and calming myself down. 

"Uh.. may I help you?" I breathed out, still not fully calming down. She was obviously in my class. At least, another thing I was good at was memorisation. So even if the 'introduce yourself' in class seemed unproductive, it was useful for me. 

She had long, brown hair like mine, except hers was longer and tied in a braid while mine was tied into a ponytail, some bangs resting on the side of my head.

"I-I'm sorry." She apologised quickly, standing up straight and clearing her throat. "My family just moved to this town.. and I don't have much friends.. You seemed like the most approachable.. can you uhm, you know, show me around town?" 

I blinked a few times before finally taking in her words. I wasn't usually someone who had much trust in meeting new people, but I guess she seemed nice. Two friends in a day, how productive of me. 

I never had a lady friend before. Ever since I was a kid, Jungkook's presence was always enough for me. I guess some things need to change, huh? 

I smiled brightly and tapped her shoulder comfortingly. "Are you kidding me? Everyone here's nice. I'm probably the sassiest student in class." I joked, before lending out a hand. "I'm Rhee Suyung." 

She flashed me a small grin, shaking my hand. "If you're the sassiest, everyone else must be an angel. It's Liu Jaehee." 

We started walking side by side through the hallways. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned my head. "Liu? So you're half-chinese?" 

"Hmm." she nodded. "My last names Chinese, but my first name's Korean. Also.. if it's okay with you, can you show me around town this Saturday? If you know.. if you're fine with that." 

"I'll try." I shrugged. 

"Try?" she cocked an eyebrow, a teasing smile on her face. It was nice to know she was getting warm with me already. You know, not too awkward. 

Why 'try', you ask? Well, Jungkook can be a bit clingy. 

"I mean, if you're fine with a guy friend of mine coming along, then yeah." I laughed softly. "He's not too comfortable with meeting new people like me, I guess. So don't be too bitter if he seems distant and all." 

She waved a hand. "Oh, that's not the big deal. But.. guy friend?" she teased, turning slightly so she was walking backwards in front of me. 

I rolled my eyes, gripping both hands on my bag. "Get over it, Jaehee. I don't have a boyfriend. He's just a friend." 

"The friendzone is real." she made handmotions as she did so. "I won't know until I see it for myself! Anyways, the town's pretty small, where's your house?"