Chapter Forty-Two

I barged inside the music room, and found Yoongi standing in front of the piano, closing the lid of the piano. He turned his head.

"Oh, so that thing you and Seokjin were talking about was a prom, huh?" I cocked an eyebrow and placed my backpack on a nearby couch. "Gah.. I never really though I would get to experience one."

Turns out, prom was next week. I didn't get why the school didn't announce it sooner, as a certain amount of people started panicking that they didn't have anything to wear and other stuff like that.

"It's a good thing Jimin and the others have their clubs." he laughed to himself, before making his way over to me. "Would you like to be my partner for prom?"

I smiled and nodded right away. "Of course! Gosh, I didn't know someone would ask me right away. Gah! I'm glad I'm going with you, Yoongi!"

He playfully rolled his eyes. "Don't wear anything that's above your knees." he instructed, flicking my forehead.

"Ow!" I place a hand on my forehead. "I'm going to have a bruise if you keep on doing that.. and of course I won't wear anything revealing! Geez.."

He laughed and pinched my cheek. "I'm going home.. go and play the piano if you want to."

"You make me sound like a kid," I grinned, before waving goodbye. "Alright.. go home safely."

I pulled out a notebook from my bag, where I would usually draw and or write my notes, most of the time, draw. I made my way to the bench in front of the piano and sat down.

I hoped I was improving my drawing and piano expertise, because god, these talents were my only hope of being successful. I gave each drawing a quick look, before pulling up the lid from the piano keys.

I played one of my favourite pieces, 'Letter', humming to the tune while I execute the melody. I was so engrossed on playing the piece I didn't notice Taehyung come in when I finished playing the song, clapping.

"Ah, you really play so beautifully!" he grinned, pulling one of the stools on the side and placed it beside me, sitting down.

"Say.. I have something to ask you." he started, placing both hands on the side of the stool. I shifted in my seat and turned my head to look at him. "Do you.. uh.. want to go to prom with me?"

I laughed awkwardly and ran my gingers through my hair. "Aish.. about that.. you see, Yoongi's already my partner.."

He groaned. "Ah! Yoongi-hyung.. seriously.. I told him not to.." he slightly turned his head to look away from me, and I could see him chuckle to himself.

"Does it really matter?" I cocked an eyebrow. "We're all going to prom anyways.. and I don't think it's required to have a partner."

He turned to me and shrugged. "Well, I guess you're right about that."

"Hey.. remember that song you played in the recital?" I asked out of a sudden, an idea popping in my mind. He flashed me a questioning look. "You wrote the song.. didn't you? You probably have notes and lyrics for that."

He tilted his head. "Ah.. you want me to sing while you play the piano.. right? Or.. are you just curious?" he said awkwardly, blushing a bit.

I playfully rolled my eyes and scooted, tapping the space beside me. "The first one."

"Well, of course." he grinned, before sitting next to me. "But first.. I want to see what's inside that notebook!" he pointed at the black notebook.

I blushed furiously and shook my head, grabbing it and hiding it behind me, standing up. "N-No way, Taehyung! You're just going to sing.. does there really have to be a price?"