Chapter Eight

"How much do you trust them?" He started, crossing his legs and clasping his hands. I was bothered by the fact that he was helping me, despite not even knowing each other. But when I do think about it, he was expecting a price. 

I ran my fingers through my hair. Was that question really necessary? "Are we getting to go to these suspects? I trust the three of them dearly." 

He stared at me for a while, maybe out of annoyance or was just observing me, but he nodded and stared down at my phone again. "Tell me more about your general lifestyle. Do you drink? Do you have a job? Do you hold a grudge against someone?" 

I pursed my lips and shifted on my seat. "You actually expect me to drink? I'm only 16! And as for a job.. I do. It's the only ramen shop in town, so I think you're familiar with that. And as you can see, I'm not too social.." 

He nodded. "Give me the people you has interactions with out of your group." 

I bit my lip and held up a finger, thinking. "Ah.. I can only think about Mingyu." 

"What's your relation to him?" he asked, typing in his phone. I felt a bit flattered on how professional he was being. Did he even have.. any friends? And I mean that in most respect as possible. 

"He's Jungkook's cousin." I explained. "I pursued him to hold a dance competition in Seoul. He expected a price, but as of now, I don't even know how to pay him." 

He moved his head closer. "Well, that's another suspect." 

"Another?" my eyes widened, and I couldn't help but get annoyed. "You're really suspecting my only friends?" 

He cocked an eyebrow. "Hmm. Let me tell you something, Suyung. When it comes to this kind of cases, no one is innocent. Don't trust anyone." 

"Where are you getting at?" my voice lowered. "Spit it out." 

"For one week, starting next week." he held up a finger. "Don't talk to anyone in the 4 suspect circle. One week. This can unfold huge clues." 

I didn't know how to react to that. I trusted the three with all my heart, but at this case.. I needed to trust Namjoon too. But does he trust me? I don't even know. But if it takes to get PY to apologise for everything he has done and be punished, so be it. 

"Fine." I grumbled. "I'll do it." 

- unknown number - 

Good luck on searching for me, love. I hope you do soon. 

PY. 

Namjoon read quietly, then looked up at me. "I guess he holds fantasies for you. This makes it more dangerous. Don't go out at night alone." 

"I know that." I gritted my teeth. When was PY going to stop this mess? 

"He's stalking you." he said, moving his head closer. "He's here." 

My heart pounded. He was.. here? 

I was about to stand up out of anger, but Namjoon stopped me by holding unto my wrist. "Follow me and don't let go." he instructed, standing up and starting pulling me with him. "Don't act suspicious." 

"Where are we going?" I complained, lowering my voice. "He was there inside the library! Why can't we just get him? Why do we have to be so indirect when we can get him on the spot?" 

"This is a case we shouldn't act aggressive on." he chided. "He may not be there - it may be his men. What if there's more than one of them? That doesn't sound too good. Whoever they are, they are sneaky."