Chapter Twenty-Six

"The only thing you have to do to be able to make a fire is create enough friction between the two objects.. specifically sticks or rocks." the teacher instructed. Luckily, there were only a few people that attended camping, so we weren't really separated by batch. 

I was partnered with Jaehee. She handed me a rock and a stick. I think I've did this once with Jungkook, because back then, we were two bored children always wanting to do something. 

It was easier than people think it is. After about 2 minutes of rubbing the two objects together, something sparked in between, and I quickly grab some grass and leaves, placing it on the small fire and blowing on it, while Jaehee was fanning it. 

"Gah, Suyung, you're really good!" she squealed, as the teacher marked our grade as perfect. We slapped hands and made our way to the others. 

The only one having a hard time was Hobi, who for some reason, was alone. I sighed and started instructing him on what to do until he finally got it. 

"What's the point of this?" Yoongi crossed his arms. "Creating a fire is easy." 

"You just have a lot of knowledge!" Hobi defended, dusting himself and standing up as well. 

"Watch out," Jungkook said. It was now our break time, meaning we could eat.. but we had to cook our own meal, with our own fire. Luckily, they gave us the meat. We made our way to the biggest fire, which was Jimin and Jungkook's. 

"What do you mean, watch out?" Namjoon questioned, taking out some plates as he was assigned to bring them. Jaehee took out the meat and placed it on the plates individually. 

"I heard there are snakes here at night." Jungkook mumbled, loud enough for only us to hear. Hobi panicked and stood up, looking around. 

"Really? I hate snakeu! I want to go home." he complained. I flash Jungkook a playful glare. 

"He's lying, Hobi. There aren't snakes here but him." I joked. Jungkook started complaining, while Hobi finally managed to calm down. 

I pulled out some things we needed to marinate the meat, and handed them to Jimin, as he was the only one, along with Yoongi, to know some things about cooking. 

"Yuna," Jimin looked up from his work and smiled at me. "Have I told you, already? That you look cute and very pretty today?" 

Yoongi scowled and lightly bonked him on the head. "You already told her thrice." 

Jungkook was assigned to keep the fire steady. Hobi was beside him, still a bit spooked by the snake lie. Namjoon was telling everyone what to do basically. I made my way to Yoongi and Jimin to try and help them marinate the meat. 

"Hey, can I help?" I smiled at the two. Apparently, Jaehee was the one opening the sauce thing, which was really hard for some reason. 

"Of course, Yuna!" Jimin sang, about to say something else when Yoongi beat him to it. 

"Sit here." he insisted, standing up from his chair and sitting on the ground with Jimin. 

"Will you guys be alright?" I questioned. "Look, I'm more than fine if I sit on the ground." 

Jimin smiled again and managed to pinch my cheek. "No, no. You sit there, Yuna! Don't worry about us. It's comfortable here." 

Yoongi scoffed and continued marinating the meat. After about 15 minutes, we were done and the meat was ready to be cooked. 

"Do you really have to do all the work?" I cocked an eyebrow as Jimin sat on a log, twirling the meat around the fire. I sighed and grabbed the stick from him. "Let me do it this time, Jimin."