Chapter Fifty-Three

As much as I wanted to stay in bed today, I had no choice. 

I had to find a job. Or jobs.. 

I took a shower and changed into comfortable clothes. And what I meant by that is a tee with a jacket, leggings, some sneakers, and a beanie. I decided bring a bag with me, because I didn't like feeling empty. 

My eyes landed on some colourful daisies. I felt myself smile. From behind the counter, I grabbed a basket and gathered some of them, testing my skills in floristry. Luckily, it turned out pretty cute. 

I was proud of my work. So after tying a ribbon on the basket handle, I stepped out of the shop. Snow was falling, and to be honest: I hated winter. 

And it's probably cause growing up, I rarely had clothes that would bring me warmth. And though I didn't get sick easily, I often had a runny nose. Did that make sense? In short, my immune system didn't like the winter. 

It's been a while since I've actually had some alone time. And I actually felt.. happy. 

I couldn't imagine my high school life without everyone. I learned to open my arms to new people, and to be honest, I got to know myself even more. I became more.. social and happy. 

As I continued to walk down the snowy street, I tried to ignore the endless buzzing of my phone. But after a few more minutes of this, I stopped to see who was messaging me.. was it called spamming? 

From: Taehyung ❤️

Topic: good morninggg  

- Jagiiiii 

- Are you busy 

- I want to see youuu 

- No kisses today :'( 

- Do you need anything

I felt myself smiling reading his messages. One by one, I replied to his texts, saying that I had to go visit Jungkook and find a job. 

Soon, I reached the hospital and quickly made my way to Jungkook's room. Now that I was inside, I realised just how tired I was. 

We stayed in the hospital until midnight. And I guess it took me a while to go to sleep. God, I should've slept earlier. But then, it was for Jungkook.. 

I knocked on the door, patiently waiting for someone to open it. After about 2 minutes, Auntie pulled the door open. She looked tired. 

"Eomanim," I frowned, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Have you not gotten any sleep yet? Please rest. Let me watch over him in the meantime." 

"Suyung." she started, smiling up at me and the basket in my hands. "Don't you have to go and find a job?" 

Ah. My mother must've told her about it, huh? "Yes, but it's still early. I can watch over him until noon. And I'll wake you up before going. I promise."