Chapter Sixty-Six

How long have I been baring this? 

Has it already been a month? 

I still talked to them through texts, but Taehyung didn't text or call me like he used to. I had mixed feelings, and my parents were still talking on how to use the money Taehyung had given me. 

"Auntie, please don't go to work today." Nami lightly tugged on my sleeve, as I was about to exit the small room we stayed in. Now that I stared at her for a short while, her bangs were getting long. 

"Why?" I questioned, since she didn't usually stop me from going to work. I smiled down on her and patted her head to try and get her back to sleep. "I'll be back early today. I promise." 

"Mommy-" she stumbles upon her words and covered her mouth. "Auntie, I want you to stay here! Even if you just sleep all day. I won't mind." 

Yesterday was Mina's burial.. I couldn't blame her. 

And since I wasn't good at resisting people, I gave in. The doorbell rang, making me perk up. "I'm just going to get the door, okay?" 

She nodded and went back to sleep. As promised, I answered the door, and I felt my heart pound staring at the person in front of me. 

"Y-Yoongi?" I stuttered, my eyes wide. "What are you doing here? And how did you know where I was staying?" 

"Jungkook." he said plainly. "You are not going to work today, come with me." he eyed my outfit. "You'll be okay with your outfit, come on." 

I sighed, "Hold on." I told Nami and my Uncle about me going out with a friend, and I came back to Yoongi. 

"Where are we heading to?" I questioned. We turned to a street, and he motioned to a cab waiting on one side. He motioned me to come inside. 

Unusually, the ride was quiet. After about 15 minutes, the cab took us to town. It dropped us in front of an ever so familiar building. 

"School?" my brows furrowed. 

"We need to talk." he finalised, before pulling me with him. He took me by the river, and I felt the inner peace in me grow. Memories started to flow in. 

We sat in front of the river. 

He pulled out a box from his bag and handed it to me, "Don't decline this, Suyung. We've been doing this for a whole month." I eyed the box, before taking it from him and opening it. My eyes widened. 

"Yoongi..?" 

"It was Taehyung's idea." he shrugged. "We did all sorts of stuff to earn that much money. I joined a recital, the others did some singing and dancing, we did some rapping.. all in Seoul almost everyday." 

I didn't know what to feel as my eyes were still glued to the huge amount of money inside the box. I blinked a few times, still surprised. 

"And Taehyung.." he scoffed and shook his head. "He went all out. He joined singing, dancing, rapping, did a solo act, and played the saxophone. I wasn't surprised when he got sick for days." 

"Even Jungkook joined." he added, observing my expression. I bit my lip and turned away, not being able to meet his eyes. 

What did I do to deserve such.. amazing people?

I was getting overwhelmed. 

And Taehyung.. 

I pursed my lips and closed the box, putting it inside my bag. I then buried my face in my hands. "I'm sorry." 

It took him a while to answer, "I'm sorry too." 

I looked up, not caring if there were tears flowing down my cheeks. "No, Yoongi, none of it was your fault. This was all me. I'm sorry you had to go to the city everyday for my sake. I'm sorry I wasn't considerate enough. I'm sorry for being so.. stupid." 

He sighed and nodded, listening. 

"Taehyung's mad at me. And Jungkook's probably having a really hard time. I'm such a burden. To my family, to you, and the others. I'm so sorry." I hugged my knees to my chest. I felt vulnerable, it's been a while since I let my emotions out. 

I felt him wrap his arms around me, and I swear to God he hugged awkwardly. "Taehyung's mad at you?" 

"It was my fault." I spoke. "We had a fight.." 

"I get it." he said slowly, awkwardly pulling away. "You two probably said words you didn't mean. Both of you were mad.. it's just a sign that you two aren't robots and have feelings.." he comforted. 

They worked so hard on the money, I didn't want to reject it. 

"Thank you." I wiped the tears on my cheek. "Aish.. I don't even know how to repay any of you.. all I could do is play the piano and draw. I mean, if you would consider a bad piece and art, then yeah.." I forced a laugh. 

He flicked my forehead, "What did we talk about pursuing your dreams?"

I placed a hand on the spot he hit me, "Ow." I grumbled, but smiled afterwards. 

"I don't care if you can't draw or play the piano as well as before." he scoffed and turned his head to look at me, smiling at me reassuringly. "As long as you're happy and continue to do them, I wouldn't mind listening to you play like a madman or draw like a 1 year old." 

I felt myself smiling. He has yet to amaze me with his beautiful, inspirational words. 

"I don't care if you have a scar on your cheek, or your jawline, or if other people don't find you as loving, I'm still going to be here for you." he handed me a handkerchief. "I should thank you, too." 

He wasn't usually this poetic, but I appreciated and believed every single word he said. Truly, he said it on behalf of the others and himself, too. 

An hour passed of us talking about random things. I enjoyed it. I felt peaceful. 

"And don't worry about working." he said out of a sudden and standing up. He held out a hand, which I gladly took. "We got your back." 

My brows furrowed, though I was smiling, "What?" 

He gave me a gummy smile and motioned me to follow him. 

He took me back to where we were staying. 

Yoongi seemed much more enthusiastic on the way, which made me suspicious. He would chuckle to himself as we walked back to the house. 

"Thank us later." he smiled, knocking on the door. Unexpectedly, Nami answered it, a smile on her face. 

"Auntie! Yoongi!" she squealed, "Come to the kitchen with me!" 

So we did. 

My eyes widened, "What's Jeongyun doing here?" I whispered to Yoongi as Jeongyun spoke to my parents in the dining room. 

"He's offering them a job." Yoongi grinned. "Taehyung forced him to do it." 

I stared at my parents, who were smiling wide as Jeongyun started to let them sign a contract. I felt myself smiling. 

"Really?" 

"A job at the hospital, since he's a doctor." Yoongi grinned. "And Jeongyun's going to treat your dad." 

I felt myself tearing up again. I was just really happy. 

"Thank you." I ran into his arms. 

He chuckled and patted my head, "Don't thank me - thank Taehyung." 

I pulled away, "Will I be able to do it?" 

I gave him a questioning look. And he scoffed, flicking my forehead. 

"No question to that. You will be able to it." 

--- 

Whoop, I'm so nice! 

Taehyung is so sweet! And Suyung & Yoongi have made up! 

It's getting close.. 

I might as well do it tonight!