Chapter Fifty-One

"Oh." Mom and Dad made their way inside. Mom took off her gloves and eyes Taehyung. "You're still here." 

I didn't get why she had to act like that towards him, and I would've been annoyed, but Taehyung didn't seem to act too offended. In fact, he bowed down. "Thank you for letting me visit in the first place anyways, Ahjumma, Ahjussi." 

"Oh, we didn't know." she replied. But then, I never really asked permission from her in most things I did. Wasn't I such a free child? 

"Mika, it's alright." Dad reassured, sitting on one of the chairs. "He's really hospitable. At least thank him for making us dinner." 

"Yes." Mina nodded, her voice seemingly tired. Me and Taehyung sat next to each other, no surprise, and I couldn't help but get irritated on my mother's gazes. "Whatever the reason may be for your bitterness, I know Taehyung's a nice guy." 

"I love Prince!" Nami spoke up. "Grandma, do you hate him?" 

"Yeah." I said, saying my prayers before getting food on the plate. "Do you?" 

"No." she said, as she started getting some rice. She then turned her head to look at Taehyung. "I'm just looking out for you, Suyung. And I want to know what he wants from you." 

"What he wants from me?" I muttered, but not loud enough for her to hear. 

"Ahjumma, Ahjussi.." Taehyung started, his fingers tapping on the table. "Well you see.. I really like your daughter.. And if it would be okay for you, may I be allowed court her?" he pulled out some paper bags and handed them to my parents. "The gifts are for you." 

"Ah! Prince is so nice, he always has gifts for everyone!" Nami grinned widely. Taehyung chuckled softly and winked at her. 

I was hoping they liked the gifts, since I myself didn't even know that Taehyung would give them some until earlier. Did he actually do that without asking me what they would like? 

"How did you know I collect calendars?" Dad asked, pulling out an ancient calendar from the bag. And in fact, it was that one calendar he's been looking for: Year 1989. 

Taehyung shrugged, "A guess." 

"As much as I hate to admit it," Mom sighed, looking inside the bag and placing it beside her. "I like it. This is genuine." 

I gently tapped his shoulder, "What did you give her?" 

He cracked a smile. "A scarf." 

"And how did you know what things they were into?" I questioned. He grinned and started innocently looking around, before locking eyes with me again. 

"Jungkook." 

I rolled my eyes at the realisation. Of course he asked Jungkook. I guess I shouldn't act too surprised whenever he starts knowing what everybody in my family likes. 

"The food is good, Taehyung." Mina grinned. "You marinated it differently, didn't you?" from the corner of my eye, I could see my mother interested, too. 

"My grandma's secret recipe!" he laughed. 

"What do your parents do for a living?" Dad asked out of nowhere. This was all so new to me, since I've never been courted by anyone before, and so I didn't know the questions my parents would be asking him. 

I turned my head to look at Tae, pursing my lips. 

He kept a smile on. "Ah. Well my parents got separated when I was at a young age. When my mother left, months later, my father and brother packed to go live in Seoul. I stayed with my grandma.. but she passed away 2 years ago."