Chapter Sixty-Three

Taehyung 

I love her. 

She makes me happy. 

I love my dad. 

But why doesn't he want me to be happy? 

Such thoughts crossed my mind as I continued to stare at the ceiling. How long I've been doing this since breakfast, I didn't know. But I couldn't help but just think about her.

Why didn't she want us to help her? Was it because of her parents? Was it because it would taint her pride? She was usually an easy person to understand, but now.. as much as I hate to admit it, I couldn't even tell what she felt. 

I wanted to spend more time with her and the others. I didn't want to come into their life and suddenly disappear.. I wanted Nami to depend on me too, and I wanted to help her family. 

"You okay?" Jeongyun asked as he walked inside our room. And that was another part.. In all honesty, I hated being serious.. 

I didn't know Yuna and him had history. Or at least a little bit of it. I still wasn't over that part, and basically everything that happened yesterday. 

My father's disapproval, her eyes, her lips.. 

I didn't want to look at anyone else. Why would I if she was more than enough? 

"Hmm." I replied, which was basically a neutral one. I didn't know what to feel. I didn't know what to do. But I had to persuade my dad into making him like her. She was more than that. 

"I think she's good for you." he shrugged, laying down on his bed and sighing. "Though I met the girl dad chose for you. She's cute." 

"No thanks." I flashed him a small smile. 

"Are you sure?" he pressed, turning on his side so he was facing me. I nodded. Surely, I would only look at Suyung and only her. "She's pretty. She's a dancer.. she can cook, straight A's. God, basically whatever a guy would want in a girl." 

"I'd want someone who can play the piano," I started. "Someone who loves drawing.. someone who would act like every moment together is our first.."

He laughed softly as I started listing other things about Suyung. "Woah, you really like her, Taehyung.. But you know, I'm on your side." 

He continued, "She seemed off yesterday. And dad wasn't kidding about you meeting the girl a month from now. He's talked to her parents."

"You're on my side," I reminded. "Help me, hyung." 

He cocked an eyebrow and stood up, "I'll think about it." 

So much for a brother.. 

I sighed and started staring at the ceiling again. But this time, I was distracted when I hear someone knock on my window. I stood up and made my way over, pushing the curtains. 

Seokjin and Jaehee waved excitedly from outside. All of them were there. I smiled, suddenly remembering something. I grabbed a certain check and case from my drawer and exited the house. 

"Your dad's there?" Hobi pointed at the second floor. "Scary." 

I nodded and answered some of their questions about Jeongyun and dad. I better tell them about what happened yesterday. 

"Hey, the cab's gonna be here in a moment." Namjoon informed us, on his phone. "A huge one.." 

"Jungkook's gonna stay." Jaehee added, turning to Jungkook, who didn't seem like he wanted to. "For today, at least. He has to rest." she pointed out. "Don't be such a baby, you'll be coming tomorrow."